IGNORED

How to build a better DC cable

The heavier gauge the better; shorter the better. Beyond that, the world of specialized wire is your oyster. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Thank you charlesphoto: I have just replaced the stock swtched P.S. by an AMB Sigma 11 Low noise Linear P.S. that I had in stock.

The DC cable is about 50cm made of OFC cable. I could make it shorter: 20cm is enough...

I will lesson tomorrow to see if I hear an improvement.

I should receive a major piece of equipment late of April, and I will continue to improve the setup of my LAN.

Meantime I  will remove every SMPS on the LAN, including the Internet Box P.S.

For doing this I have to manage to output 2A from another Sigma 11 that I have in stock: this requires better heatsinks....

The SMPS stock adapter provided with my Internet box is rated 2A, I don't know if it really needs 2A but it is not easy to check, so I have to design the heasink as if 2A are required...

I use a Ghent 16ga Neotech solid dc cable between my Sonore supply and microRendu, though I have DIY'd a 12ga in the past. Gives it a bigger beefier sound imo, though the 12ga was difficult to work with and  no way to fit it into dc connectors without leaving them exposed. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab.