IGNORED

Schiit Audio Releases its Unison USB Upgrade

27 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

They have their own filter they don't need HQP. My understanding is that inside the Yggy the signal gets upsampled so they can run their filter non destructively.

Yes, the megaburrito filter Which I believe runs at DXD levels, i.e. 352.8 and 384. I buy the Yggy for that and send bit perfect data in, at least, as bit perfect as I can get using Audirvana with all upsampling etc turned off.

It only plays CDs guys. However, it has a Unison USB out. MM has noted that having Unison out and in sounds great. That is why I am very interested. Oh, and I won’t be using it to play CDs. So.... I think you can figure out the rest. And no, there is no fiber. Just reread Mike’s posts about it.

I doubt it. In one of the postings back, Mike indicated that he is working on a gadget that will enable them to test Unison out with other DACs. I hope to have one of them in a few weeks to run some tests on DACs I have access too. This is for testing purposes only I would suppose, and not as a commercial product. Mike and Dave are busy guys. But the transport is it. 

This is a testing gadget to see if Unison USB works with non Schiit DACs. Think of it as a Unison Eitr. It is not a commercial product and can be used before the transport is ready. This unit is in beta but the transport in alpha. Seems pretty simple to me.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing firm. The metal work for the box is in as they showed it as are the mechanisms. They are waiting for some brackets for the box. Reading between the lines, it would appear they are out or just about out of firmware hell. They want to do a robust beta which should take a couple of months, so I would expect that they could start selling the transport in December depending on the results of the beta but more likely in January. However, I am not a psychic.

• 2 months later...

Yes, the SchiiT URD will have at least one USB input which is why it is of such an interest to me. MM claims that Unison out to Unison in is the bee’s knees. The transport will also function as an EITR for those that want to use coax or AES. I do not think it will have a toslink output. They are making the beta units now and I hope to have one in late January. The only bug in the ointment is that all of the usb in and outputs will be usb c which means new cables.

• 2 weeks later...