IGNORED

Difference Between "Audiophile" Recordings and Many Others

12 hours ago, Iving said:

Most of my music is more "audiophile" than the following instance - but if I were to be asked for an epitomy of rock 'n' roll ...

Of course the quality of that is limited because it's a live TV recording, but plenty of the original recordings of standards are of prime quality. As an example, this one is one of the best examples of driving drumming I own, makes the efforts of the typical rock drummer sound pedestrian and plodding in comparison - gets me bouncing around the room every time, 😉.

12 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Of course the quality of that is limited because it's a live TV recording, but plenty of the original recordings of standards are of prime quality. As an example, this one is one of the best examples of driving drumming I own, makes the efforts of the typical rock drummer sound pedestrian and plodding in comparison - gets me bouncing around the room every time, 😉.

not to mention oodles of convincing dixie and western swing on shellac

it's ok to play it off of a pc via a cd rip if it still makes you smile or dance

as you say - what digits lack against analogue can be offset (sometimes fantastically) in an "evolved" system ...

On 1/14/2020 at 9:54 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hey Guys - I've been watching the series Soundbreaking again and I was really struck by a quote and piece from episode 3 that I watched last night. It immediately made me realize a major difference between many audiophile recordings and others from more traditional artists (for lack of a better description). I believe I've known this forever, but for some reason watching this show made it really hit home. Don't get me wrong, I love my audiophile recordings, but I love others even more. I also don't judge and don't care one bit if people only love audiophile recordings. Live and let listen.

Here is the quote from Nile Rogers when he was working with Madonna.

Give me as much emotion as you can because I don’t have any button that I can push that can put that in.”

Here is a clip from the episode that completely nails it as well. Being a huge fan of Christina makes the clip even better of course. 

P.S. If you haven't seen this, it's required viewing for all music lovers and anyone remotely interested in how music is made.

The Broken Record Podcast is wonderful, and I think that many that connect with music and creativity like what is being presented in the Soundbreaking series would enjoy this pod.  I am still working through it, but the Booker T and Andre 3000 episodes are great.  Questlove also.