IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

Hello to all club members!

This is my first entry on the Audiophile Style forum, but I have been a reader for several years. I built my first audio computer while gaining knowledge here. I don't speak English, so I apologize for the Google translation.

I am at the stage of building another computer, which I wanted to build on the ASUS WS C621E SAGE motherboard and Intel Xeon Silver 4210 processors. For several days I have been looking for a suitable case, of course with passive cooling, which will also accommodate the Taiko DC-ATX converter.

I contacted Larry HDPLEX, I also searched in other companies producing housings and Aliexpress. Unfortunately, I didn't find any housing. I know that Taiko Audio has suitable housings, but they are not currently on sale.

I have a question: is it possible to buy a suitable case with a passive cooling system somewhere?

Therefore, I am wondering whether using the ASUS PRO WS C621-64L SAGE motherboard + Intel Xeon Silver 4210 processor can provide as good SQ as a motherboard based on two processors. Maybe some of you have compared these two motherboards and can offer some advice. All possible suggestions are welcome :).

My current computer:

- HDPLEX H3 V3 housing

- DC-ATX HDPLEX 400W HiFi converter

- Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE motherboard

- HyperX Predator 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz CL13 RAM

- Intel® Core™ i9-9900 processor

- Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2 TB drive (music library)

- INTEL OPTANE H10 512GB drive (system)

- JCAT USB CARD XE

- JCAT NET CARD FEMTO

- JCAT INITIO 3 linear power supply (powers the JCAT USB card and LAN card)

- HDPLEX 300W linear power supply (powers the motherboard and the processor directly)

- system Euphony Stylus, HQPleyer, Roon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finished building a PC, ASUS WS C621E SAGE motherboard and Intel Xeon Silver 4210. I have already made the first attempt to run it and fortunately everything is fine. That is, both processors and 12 ECC Apacer RAM. Today, installing passive cooling and tomorrow, installing the system and programs. I have been using Euphony for two years, but now I want to use Windows instead. Then a benchmark with Euphony. Recently, I have installed several different Windows systems, versions: Windows Server 2022, Windows LTSC Enterprise 2021, Windows Tiny 11 Core and Windows 11 23H2 Ultralight "Micro 11".
I got the fewest processes on Windows Ultralight. 40 processes launched after installing the following programs: Roon, HQPlayer, Process Lasso and ASIO DAC Gryphon drivers. I know that an important element is to properly configure the Process Lasso program. Unfortunately, I have no experience with this program and I don't really know which processes and with what priority to assign to particular processors and cores. I have a request, maybe some of you have already done it and would like to share your knowledge. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Tatomek7 said:

Jakie temperatury osiągasz dzięki temu chłodzeniu? Niestety moje pasywne chłodzenie powinno działać lepiej.

After a few hours of listening, the temperature ranges from 42-48 degrees. System Windows + ROON.

The computer is placed in a shelf and unfortunately has poor ventilation there

• 2 weeks later...
23 godziny temu Exocer powiedział:

Hej -@Kuba7777. Chyba nieprędko będę miał możliwość sprawdzenia. Przepraszam za fałszywą pochodną.

Czy masz trwałość systemu Windows 10 LTSC 2021?

Ostatnie dwa dni spędziłem także na konfigurowaniu i dostrajaniu systemu Windows 2021 LTSC. Ponieważ mam nowy serwer audio dopiero od kilku dni, eksperymentuję z systemami. Jak już wspomniałem, przez ostatnie trzy lata korzystałem wyłącznie z systemu Euphony. Jednak głównie ze względu na sterownik ASIO wróciłem do Windowsa. Również dlatego, że Taiko Extreme również ma zainstalowany ten system. Przygotowując się do zmiany systemu, instalowałem różne wersje na swoim laptopie, ponieważ mój komputer audio nie był jeszcze gotowy. Testy miały charakter wyłącznie techniczny, bez żadnych wymarzonych porównań. Polegały one jedynie na maksymalnym zmniejszeniu systemu i wyłączeniu jak największej liczby usług, procesów i programów. Na razie nie korzystam z programów Audiophile Optimizer ani Fidealizer. Robię to ręcznie, metodą prób i błędów. Jedynym programem, którego obecnie używam, jest Winareo Tweaker, ProcessLasso. Po wyłączeniu dużej liczby usług udało mi się uruchomić 11 procesów w tle w Windows Enterprise LTSC 2021, 35 procesów Windows. Z zainstalowanym serwerem ROON, HQPleyer, ProcessLasso, Gryphon ASIO DAC. W porównaniu do Windows 11 23H2 Ultralight brzmienie LTSC 2021 jest bardziej otwarte z większą sceną i lepszą separacją poszczególnych instrumentów. Bliżej słuchacza, z dużą ilością powietrza.

Egzocer - czy używasz Fidealizera i Audiophile Optimizera do optymalizacji systemu Windows?

20240213_220424.jpg

20240214_180317.jpg

Godzinę temu, Exocer powiedział:

@Kuba7777 - Czy porównałeś win10 ltsc 2021 z optymalizatorem audiofilskim i bez niego? Może uda się być gotowym.

@Nenon Czy jak się nim bawiłeś?

Nigdy nieporównywałem systemu Windows z zainstalowanym Audio Optimizerem. Zawsze próbuję samodzielnie konfigurować Windowsa.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

In the case of the Extreme, CPU 1 has direct affinity to all music I/O (network, USB, storage), with CPU 2 delegated to OS I/O. By delegating system and music processes to cores on the appropriate CPU, Emile is able to achieve an optimal balance for sound quality.

If I understand correctly, it is better to assign all processes of the Windows operating system and the ProcessLasso program to CPU 2, and services related to audio Roon, HQPlayer, ASIO driver to CPU 1?