IGNORED

Mains Power Cord Recommendations For Zenith SE and/or Satement.

Post the rest of gear & what you are trying to get rid of for more specific help.  Do you have a dedicated line?

I had my AC power checked for noise by the electric utility and there is a thread I started on here.  I am in an R-1 (single family houses) in the PNW US, and don't know what the power situation is in Yorkshire(?).

I'll say again that if an AC power cord on any decent, much less Linn level unit, is a cause of noise something is way wrong.

I saw some cables in the Audio Advisor catalog last night for > $1,000 - yet a Topaz isolation transformer (which really does work) can be had for only ~~ $600.  Balanced power supply units will cost more.

The plug mods above cost nothing or nearly so, and turning off certain LED lights, 'chopper' type light dimmers, and FL lights is free.

AC power cord swaps are not very worthwhile, and neither are different interconnects, tho using balanced connections is.

1 hour ago, kennyb123 said:

Experience helps us to improve our discernment capabilities.  The more one experiments with cameras, lenses, shutter speed, etc, the better one becomes at seeing how much these things matter.  The same is true about audio - as we grow we get better at being able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

But what about those who have made the choice to not gain any insight by trusting their ears?  Their lack of experience hasn’t equipped them with an understanding of how discerning us humans can be about such things.   Because they refuse to try to sort out these differences themselves they foolishly think that the rest of us are as inept as they choose to be - so they end up saying foolish things. 

It isn't your ears, it is your perception that confirmation bias interferes with.  That is why you need to be careful when deciding to buy something like an AC power cord.

Or just buy a big phat one - I see some on audio advisor now for $1,500.

I'd rather get the Vincent tube pre + DAC, new pentode design or not.

14 hours ago, sandyk said:

This thread is about Mains Power Cord Recommendations .

The OP is not interested in replies from a small group of members telling him that he is wasting his time and money.

No, I communicated with him and that does not seem to be the case.

It is a wonderful thing however, that you are there to protect him from good advice (like using an isolation transformer or balanced power) and to protect the Cable Crusaders

I don't understand why people are on a crusade to save others from the perfectly good AC cables* that high-end manfs. include with their expensive products.

By "people" I exclude the companies that sell such cables and their dealers.

* Warranty on this post extends to AC cables only and does not apply to DC cables or speaker cables.  May not apply in some states (of confusion or altered reality).  Void where prohibited by law.