IGNORED

CPU Load and Sound Quality

STC

12 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

I’m far too polite to say 🤐

But what I would say, is that in my case, almost every time I install a new component it usually sounds considerably worse and i spend the next 24 to 240 hours in a state of post-purchase-paranoia, hoping I haven’t screwed up. 

And then your mind fixes it for after an appropriate amount of satisfying concern. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

33 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

snip.........burn in is only an issue with sufficiently evolved systems, that have the ability to react to and reveal small changes. 

If you mean only humans have the psychology from sufficient evolution then I agree with you.  Of course I don't think that is what you mean at all.  Your hardware system has evolved.  Of course it is your mind that has directed that evolution.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

54 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Only by sarcastic and closed minded members like yourself with cloth ears and mediocre gear. :P

What about sarcastic and closed minded members with excellent ears and even more excellent gear?

Everyone is in their own niche you know.  

8 hours ago, John Dyson said:

I hereby declare the technique public domain so that snake oil salespeople cannot use a patent of this technique as patent licensed competitive advantage to cheat rich audiophiles who don't understand what is going on.   Or...  Maybe I should patent it and join the snake-oil cheaters and play their game of undeserved enrichment.  Nawww....  I choose the honest approach.  I'll never make money again, will I?

(I actually though tthat my previous comment was in the PM -- I make too many mistakes like that!!)

John

John, you need to copyleft it.  So no one makes money, but they can all contribute to improvements. 

BTW, I use Gimp, so maybe no one should listen in regards to my opinions of Alex's images.  

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, STC said:

Binaural recording with Sennheiser AMBEO microphones. 

24/96 format. 
20191228-195451.wav

MP3 

20191228-195451.m4a 1.68 MB · 4 downloads

Just reporting that clicking on either file on Linux with Chrome it opens a box asking me where I wish to download the files.   Ditto on Win 10.  Ditto on both OS with Firefox and Brave. 

I would advise anyone using IE to try out Chrome, Firefox or Brave and pick one if they don't like Edge(I don't like Edge).  

Yeah:okay, it is off topic.  Just confirming what others say is happening.  Forgive me for trying to be helpful.  I'll refrain.