IGNORED

New McIntosh DA2 Digital Module Available

11 hours ago, ShawnC said:

It would be nice to see McIntosh get involved in the Ethernet connection world.  That addition to the there DAC modulus would be enticing.

That would mean they would need to come up with a software solution as well, and support it, and does that really make sense when there are so many good ethernet sources already that can connect to their DAC?

No electron left behind.

16 minutes ago, ShawnC said:

I get that but if they want to stay relevant I'd start including/designing Ethernet based connections.  You can always allow Roon to do the heavy lifting, Like in Bel Canto's Black series, PS Audio DACs ect.  I won't purchase a future product DAC, Integrated Pre., without it.  Ethernet has simplified cabling for me.  I agree there are a lot of great ethernet sources out there.   

I'm still amazed that McIntosh and other brands make products with so many inputs that aren't solely dedicated to home theater.  I don't know anyone anymore that use more then 3 inputs (DAC or stream, Phone and tape) and digital is usually the default go to.

My ultimate solution would be a Kii or Dutch like product (with full frequency range) Roon capable, DSP and a nice remote. 

I'm still amazed at the sound and how simple the setup is on my Kef LS50s with a REl sub are.  If KEF made a floor standing (full range) model of this design I'm done.

If they were to do this, they would be smart to partner with someone already in the game. Imagine the equivalent to an Optical Rendu INSIDE the McIntosh...

No electron left behind.

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, granosalis said:

Hello, 

I have SMS200 and Mcintosh DA2 module. I'm trying roon but I'm not able to hear any sound when using Roon DSP I upsample to DSD (every rate). SMS200 Roon is set to DOP. 

Any hint? 

Thanks.

Giuseppe

I don't think you need DOP enabled... Try disabling it and see what happens.

No electron left behind.

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Badger_Erich said:

First post here after I searched for information on the DA2. I have a MA8900 and am exploring the option of an upgrade. I live in Southern Wisconsin and if I do this, I do not want to ship my Amp but rather transport it to a dealer/service center and wait for the upgrade to be completed. 

I currently use a TEAC NT 505 which uses a Verita AK4497 chip on each channel. It is a decent streamer/DAC combo and outshines the DA1 Module in the Amp (which I have been told is an ESS SABRE 9018). I run the NT505 using the balanced outputs and wonder if it would be worth spending the extra money for the upgrade. It is my understanding that the DA2 is running the ESS SABRE 9028 PRO which would provide considerable muscle but how much? The NT505 is my streamer and plays my DSD rips off my server flawlessly, but I would have to use my MacBook to function as a streamer if I do upgrade.

Any thoughts from those of you who went through the upgrade?

If I were you, I would save your money and upgrade your external source when you feel like upgrading. I did the upgrade and was underwhelmed with it compared to the DA1. I am now using a Schiit Yggdrasil instead.

No electron left behind.

• 3 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 10:03 AM, Poul said:

Hello!

I have a C2700 V1.00 and DA2 V4.03.

I cannot get it to work on my Windows 10 PC. I did as instructed in the manual.

1. Install the software on my PC ( with out having the unit connected via USB ) 

2. Connect the DA2 module via USB to my PC ( in a USB 3.0 port )

Here is where I get problems. Windows 10 wont detect it at all?

Do I have to contact McIntosh ?

Regards,

Poul

Did you try any other USB ports?

No electron left behind.