IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

I replaced the optical module with ether regen. 24-hours in: I have an insatiable desire to listen and my foot can't stop tapping when I listen to music with a beat.  

What's different so far is lower noise floor, better harmonics and more data in mid bass, more precise stops and starts of notes and more detail in and surrounding the notes....Space  between people more clearly defined...but there seems to be sound in that space, not grain.

If you are on the fence about replacing the optical module, my experience so far is that it is worth it, no question.

I will report next week with listening notes and more info re my system so you can judge, but the system basis is ER-optical rendu-Atma-Sphere MP1 pre amp-Hegel Amp and magneplanar speakers, with Analysis-Plus top of their line loom, bluejeans ethernet cables and Wireworld Platinum USB.

Thank you John and  Superdad

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

32 minutes ago, thotdoc said:

I will report next week with listening notes and more info re my system so you can judge, but the system basis is ER-optical rendu-Atma-Sphere MP1 pre amp-Hegel Amp and magneplanar speakers, with Analysis-Plus top of their line loom, bluejeans ethernet cables and Wireworld Platinum USB.

DAC is YGGY with new analog board and USB mods

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"