IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

Hey guys, has anyone experimented or noticed the effects of upstream equipments such as NAS with EtherRegen in the audio chain. The reason I ask is because my NAS has been at repair in last 3 weeks. I have only just got it back yesterday with the main board replaced. Now my music sounds crap without good dynamics compared to streaming from Tidal only in last 3 weeks. In fact, I was quite amazed by Tidal SQ when I could only stream. This finding was a total surprise to me! This NAS sits far far away from my audio rack on totally different power circuits and very upstream connected to home router before my audio LAN switch. Local files are mostly WAV or High def flac. 

anyway, I am hoping EtherRegen can fix this ( on the way ). Has anyone got any answers to why I experienced this phenomenon against general belief? Or can someone point me to the right thread to dig a bit deeper on this?

Hi Superdad and John, FedEX turned up at my door this morning with a flash new ER. They are very very reliable. I am impressed! 

Now, my EtherRegen has been cooking since arrival. Literally " cooking "!! It is boiling hot to the touch! I read other people commenting on hot running of this baby BUT.... I did not expect it to be THIS HOT! 

Is this normal? Does it run hotter because I used all A side ports? I am a little concerned about fire hazard now as it feels like a Class A amp!

I can not comment on the sound improvements yet as I only let it play continuously in the background since morning before committing to any critical listening. 

1 hour ago, andresz said:

What I also notice is the step up in the home theatre - the picture is more cinema like and rendered - more involving. Surround Dolby has moved to a new level. It is very ambient, large and small details not noticed before emerge and dissapear. This is a very interesting observation as it effects video as well - predictably I guess.

Exactly what I found too. The improvements were bigger than I expected. Picture has that 3D effect now due to punchier color and higher contrast. Deeper black gave me more depth to the image. More details to the sound as well. This thing is so good!