17 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Show all new releases and not only the "grand selection"

This already exists ( if I am correct on what you refer to). If you click on the right hand " see all new releases" the selection is expanded. Click again and it is expanded further. Click a third time and the list is expanded to its fullest extent.

NB : New releases is new and re-released recordings. Qobuz also adds back catalogue which does not necessarily appear in the list.

49 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

I know Qobuz is working on this but having a consistent catalog across all region.  I have found some playlist that are not US based and some of the songs are not available for streaming in US.  Not sure if similar case exist in the opposite direct.

A consistent catalogue  is almost impossible to achieve. The record industry is territorial. Therefore not all recordings have the same copyright owner in all territories. An owner in one territory may say yes to Qobuz whilst another in another territory (for various reasons) may say no. Also many recordings have no licensee or owner at all in some territories. So there is  nobody to authorise streaming there. Back catalogue can be even harder to license as the owner may be known in one country but not in another.

Further, copyright law differs from country to country and this may be reflected in the contracts between artist and record company or composer and publisher. As streaming is a new medium this may or may not be catered for either in  the law or in the resulting contracts relating to some regions. 

This doesn't just affect streaming rights but hard copy releases too.  For example, there are thousands of records ( CD, vinyl etc.) available in the USA but not , say, in my territory the UK.  No doubt the opposite is also true. Just try buying downloads from a supplier outside of your country and see how often you get that " not available in your country" message.

Sadly I guess you and I will just have to live with this.

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 10:29 AM, David Craff said:

Thanks for this feedback, I keep it to explore it.

Regards

David, may I add support for the suggestion. One problem arising from sorting composers by given name is that although the surname may remain identical country to country the given name is often translated to the local equivalent by the issuing record company.

So although Liszt's first name was Ferencz (or Ferenc in modern Hungarian) many ( most) recordings refer to him as Franz. Or Tchaikowsky ( already a problem in converting from Cyrillic to Latin alphabet) is he Pyotr, Piotr or Peter? Dvorak , is he Anton or Antonin? One can go on.

Of course there are exceptions and Bach, for example,  has to be sorted both by surname and given name ( or at least initials) to distinguish the various composing members of the dynasty.

3 hours ago, Musicophile said:

David, I still have issues with your "nouveautés" section.

I understand that Qobuz needs to promote certain albums, but it would be helpful if there'd be a possibility to sort the new releases by date.

For example, nearly half of the first 14 albums that show up under "Tous les nouveautes" are older relatively speaking, e.g. you have Jarrett's Munich album and Julia Hülsmann, both were released nearly 3 month ago. It would be fantastic if there'd be a selector or sort function that really only shows the new releases of the week or month. 

I am guessing from your reference to " nouveautés" that you have an account with the French service. If so that would presumably be outside of David's remit for the USA service as releases are territorial and differ from service to service. However your issue has also been occurring on the UK service too but for classical repertoire. Both UK jazz and pop/rock have been showing correctly in this week's new releases whereas the new releases for classical over much of December were a mixture of albums from across the entire year of 2019 ( back to last January) with the actual new releases missing.

Both the France and UK services are run from Paris. I wonder if some re-training of a person was required ? It seemed to me that , for a period of around three weeks, an incorrect file was being uploaded to the "Discover" page. I have had a dialogue with customer services in Paris about this and the error has now been corrected - at least for UK classical.

The desktop app  shows the release date in new releases if you hover your cursor over the album artwork . The list can be expanded by clicking the "See all new releases" link up to 3 times. So you can then see all of this week's and the entire month's.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, LBob said:

It would also be useful if we could delete an album from a playlist.

You  can. Go to My Playlists and open one. Look for the three dots in a white circle icon at the left under the artwork. Click it and there are various options including delete.

Obviously that isn't available for playlists that haven't been created by you.