IGNORED

New Audio-GD DI-20?

5 hours ago, Confused said:

@GoldenOne - Excellent review and measurements, great information and waffle free text.  I have to say that I have seen some rather disappointing measurements for some other Audio GD products, so I had somewhat dismissed the DI-20-HE.  So it is great to see some measurements for the product itself that show that is actually performs very nicely.

As someone who currently uses a Mutec MC3+USB, I was interested to compare the Audio GD measurements with those performed by Hifi News for the MC3+USB.  To be honest, I am struggling a little correlating the two.  See link:

https://www.mutec-net.com/downloads/manuals/MUTEC_MC-3plusUSB_-_HFN.pdf

Is it possible to correlate the HFN Mutec measurements to yours for the Audio GD DI-20-HE?

Yeah I was.... Well let's just say not expecting much given some of the performance of agd's other products. But this is sublime. 

With the mutec they don't have any actual direct jitter measurements there, just a j-test of it feeding a dac. Which can't be directly equated as the dac itself will affect things. 

You can compare two sources using the same dac for j-testing but can't really use two different ones. 

If I manage to get my hands on the mutec at any point I'll post some measurements of it though. 

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Confused said:

I was looking at this yesterday, and later reading a review of the Auralic Altair G2.1 in Hifi News and Record Review.

For the Auralic, HFN's "lab report" measurements quote jitter at 14psec at 48kHz and 14psec at 96 kHz.

Looking at the Goldensound measurements of the Audio GD, at 48kHz there is the level / frequency graph, which shows a reading of about 3p level (s) downwards from 20Hz, and below the graph figures (RMS) of 78.74ps and (peak) 229.2ps.

I am almost certainly demonstrating my own lack of knowledge here, but whilst I can easily compare one HFN measurement to another, and one Goldensound measurement to another, I cannot fathom how to compare a Goldensound measurement to a HFN measurement.

I presume the measurements from something like the Auralic and the Audio GD to be broadly similar, but how should the Auralic's 14psec number be compared to the Audio GD's 3p level (s), 78.74ps / 229.2ps numbers? My simple brain tells me that 3p level s is a lot lower than 14 psec, but 229.2 ps is much higher, so I am at a bit of loss as to how compare these different measurements.

Can anyone clarify this? I am slightly puzzled!

Could you link this post? The HFN lab report I found doesn't seem to have the information you mentioned

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

• 4 weeks later...