IGNORED

WiFi dongle not seen by USBridge Sig

8 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

Sure - if I am "allowed" to. But I would rather send it to everyone, in this public thread, once and for all.

There's clearly something I don't understand here. Am I not meant to make the fix public for some reason? Why would @allo.com send it to me as a PM and not let everyone know??? @Isaacc7

In some OS' s, the driver is black listed ,we need to enable that

Login to the player through ssh and do below steps

nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-rtl8xxxu.conf

and edit as below (put ## in starting of the line) then save and need to reboot the player.

image.png.da45b774ea765a48b7d1b5ef0f824902.png

We need to keep each customers track, so we are forwarding PM. No other secrets.

Thanks Audio_Allo - I suspect that will be helpful to future members of our community.

@techboy and others - note that if this doesn't work, then in addition to Audio_Allo's instructions, you may well simply have to obtain write-permission for the file that nano is modifying. (nano is simply a text editor.)

Anyone else please - why do some OSs blacklist some drivers? 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, Mark Dirac said:

@Cundi what was the magic advice in Allo's secret PM which was so helpful please - would you be able to post it for all to see please? (I too cannot get the Allo wifi dongle (https://www.allo.com/sparky/usb-wifi-dongle.html) to work with USBridge Sig. Under Moode.)  Thanks.

I will add a screenshot of the solution to fix it. If everything in your setup is the same as mine I think this would work. 

20201230_124853.jpg