IGNORED

Paris AudioVideo Show 2019 - Oct. 19-21 - official thread

Bonjour,

I start this thread by a giveaway I have received today by mail  😉

I have 4 invitations available, 2 for the public weekend, 2 for the Pro-Monday, which I am allowed to forward to interested readers.
You will need to pre-register for downloading your ticket, after you have received the invitation/code.
That is a generous donation from Moon by Simaudio. I have a unit of the Moon Neo (2019 model) in for an upcoming review .

Please send me a PM , first ins are served first.

Cheers, Tom 

• 2 weeks later...

Took the 7:20 to Paris this morning.

It looks like the Paris Show is mainly stuffed by distribution companies like Elite Diffusion, PPL, Sound & Colors,  Harry Sound or L'Audiodistribution.

I'll definitely check out the French manufacturers: Atoll, Cabasse, Elipson, Jean-Marie Renaud & Focal.

There is a panel at 14:30 about the French audio industry. Sounds interesting! 😉

Plus pay a visit in the Espace Casque to listen to Audeze, Meze and Sennheiser.

2019-10-20 08.27.56.jpg

The Paris Show, so I was told, ios organised by a great retailing & importing business, and while it was a great succĂšs with audio & home cinema enthusiast visitors, they were lacking interest from shop owners.

- Met Damien from Audivarna, some exciting news are out, Windows version is now on level with IOS regarding features, and the remote control is available for Android.

- Met Atoll – nice Signature SDA200 All- in-one, 3k, direct competitor to the Moon  by Simaudio ACE, though without ROON but Audirvana integration

Both are on my list for further talks tomorrow

- Most funny combination on the first glance Lyndorf TDAI 4300 with Sonus Faber Sonetto 2 (pair 2450 with stands) and Lyngdorf Subs. I feared they were much more expensive (they really look like that) Unmodded room. PGreat performance. Price looks reasonably moderate for Sonus Faber. Will pay a visit again tomorrow.

The Klipsch  room

I left the Klipsch room quickly bc the music was boring and noticed just along the floor that they changed the program playing Tool’s Fear Inoculum album. My veteran football team mates would love seeing me running like that on rainy sunday mornings: Did a video snippet. Love that Album!!! First upload

did not work, sry.

IMG_20191020_234354.jpg

Headphones –
Audeze LCD4c – Cabin listening space with Aurender HW player, iFi DSD pro DAC and HP-out of Primaluna Evo 100 Integrated Tube Amp, exciting SQ, but preferred the Meze Empyrian subjectively. Listened to Fink - Hard Believer. No subjective impressions of flawed design with the Audeze and my ears, just as most high end phones to bright/detailed for my taste.

Day 2 report:
I made 2 videos short of 5 minutes with Damien Plisson from Audirvana and Christophe Cabasse from Cabasse.

And talked to the people from Atoll and Atohm, which are represented in the USA by the same distribution company.
Most of their products are made in France, that is why the do not compete on price but on quality & perfomance.
Imho, French HiFi has a much better reputation than French cars.
As note, the streaming amplifier looks interesting, inherently so becaus it follows Atoll's principle to stack their amps with very powerfull toroidal transformes. In this case it's output 120 watts per channel on 8 Ohm from 670 VA transformers. Did not verify, but assume that it profits from the dual mono design of the IS200 Signature integrated amplifier, which is equal in output levels. And it should integrate wll with Audirvana.

And I went back to the Sonus Faber/ Lyngdorf Room, listening to Madonna and finding out, that there was a kind of mistake in my reception. They gave me the brochure which was left - the Sonetto one - because all their material was already gone coming sunday morning. The real speakers, who have the walnut finshish that resembles a bit the design of the Sonetto 2, are the Olimpica Nova , which are 6k Euro without stands. Madonna sounded lovely, indeed. Looking forward to get the Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 into my room and my system, end of next month.

The show officially ended at 16 h, but come lunchtime everyone was in a hurry.

My impression: the effect on/with the public was great, on the buiness relationship perspective a bit less (that's what I've heard), and it several levels away from the Munich High End show. Though it is still a young event and may have room to develop.
Cheers, Tom

IMG_20191021_135642.jpg

IMG_20191021_135546.jpg

4_img_II-scroll_rettangolare_sonetto-II.jpg

Olympica Nova c.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg

SDA200-sig-face-black-copie.jpg

Bonjour @Le Concombre Masqué,

this is a question quite difficult to answer.
Christophe Cabasse played a drum solo for me (I think it was Joe Morello) and I could enjoy it played loud from the Pearl. I was impresse, the microphone I used for the video did not like it at alöl and the recording is flawed, while the Pearl was performing greatly.
I have heard the Kii 3 with BXT in Munich, I think it had been Yello's Electrified, a showcase with BXT on/off, which did not touch me.
Need to admit, I heard that same track just an hour before at MBL .. so it's a bit unfair, at least.
There is a big difference in relation to the Kii, in my opinion, the Pearl is upper end lifestyle - HiFi, and I think it does a lot of things very good and impressive. It has a cloud based DSP processing and traditionally (Cabasse is having along partnership with them) ICEpower based amplification.
So they may compete rather with Devialet and with the Pearl Akoya range against Elipson's Lifestyle-Fi products, which are half the price,  though one unit can already play stereo. This may be the biggest disadvantage of Cabasse, you need two for the breathtaking stereo effect, which isn't completely conform with lifestyle-Fi and has severe effects on your budget. On the other hand, they are competing for a place in your living room with a WAF-factor, and visually I like them a bit better than the opponents. If the price is not an issue for you, it's a question of personal taste due to the high level of DSP which is involved in any of the speakers. Another disadvantage is its inability to carry a vase with flowers, but that's another serious PLUS  for the Kii 3 ;-)
The Devialet, so I was told , does most of their improvements in the signal processing. The few times I heard the phantom (Gold, I think), I was just stunned by the hyper-controlled bass response. Point for all impressions, the environment on HiFi Shows is far from perfect, especially if you play loud. I.e. when I heard Monitor Audio driven by huge Cambridge EDGE Amps on Sunday morning, the Gold 300 was accommpanied by extremely low metro frequences from the M8 line in the New Cap centre.

A bientot, Tom