IGNORED

Moment To Moment by Cava Menzies & Nick Phillips

Moment To Moment / Cava Menzies / Nick Phillips

Artists: Cava Menzies & Nick Phillips

Record Label: Nick Phillips Music

Genre: Jazz

The album was recorded at Fantasy studios at 192/24 WAV.

Remastered through an analog stage to produce the DSD masters @ bluecoastmusic.

This timeless gem is a brilliant collection of exotic and soothing compositions. This quartet featuring the exceptional talents of Cava Menzies and Nick Phillips magically seduces the listener into a state of utter tranquility. The flow and the emotion of each song are simply breathtaking. It is one thing to create a mood, but it is quite another to sustain that mood for an entire album. Their fusion of mellow trumpet and delicate piano selections are simply magnificent. This is as dark "blue" and as mysterious as it gets. This is right from the heart of "Cool Jazz" and the "American song book." I would you like you to read the review at allaboutjazz.com. This is destined to be a classic. I am smitten, yes, but disheartened by of how many have not taken note.

Get into real jazz!

The Peacocks

6:46

Mal's Moon

7:01

For All We Know

7:59

You

5:52

You Don't Know What Love Is

8:01

Almost Blue

6:48

Phantoms

7:22

Speak Low

6:09

image.png.dd4409bdfe76a7bcee5635471dd7e764.png

https://bluecoastmusic.com/cava-menzies-nick-phillips/moment-to-moment#.XW066EXVI2w

Sorry, can’t agree. Other than the really good sound, I wouldn’t recommend this album. I bought it because Blue Coast compared it to “Kind of Blue”. 
I don’t hear that. I’ve listened to KOB hundreds of times and it never fails to captivate. 

“Moment to Moment” doesn’t do that for me. It’s just well played, nice sounding and not interesting. Boring. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 11:51 PM, firedog said:

Sorry, can’t agree. Other than the really good sound, I wouldn’t recommend this album. I bought it because Blue Coast compared it to “Kind of Blue”. 
I don’t hear that. I’ve listened to KOB hundreds of times and it never fails to captivate. 

“Moment to Moment” doesn’t do that for me. It’s just well played, nice sounding and not interesting. Boring. 

Maybe your surge is getting too much protection?  I just played that album for the first time and it sounded captivating even on my iPad. Gorgeous....felt like I’ve got neuro-receptor sites for the music. The timing and phrasing is exquisite.  KOB is wonderful too  😁