IGNORED

Neil Young’s Lonely Quest to Save Music — New York Times

10 hours ago, firedog said:

Yes, that's why all those WWII films are in black and white.....
It's too bad the technology didn't exist, or we could have video of the airports during the American Independence War, as a certain President alluded to...

That was Ralf11 you were quoting, not me.  (How did that happen/).

11 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Thank you for pointing this out. There are many confused people who seem unable to understand this. Apple started iTunes in 2003. It was literally not until 2015 that they began offering it in 256kps. Granted, thats only 4 years of intentionally choosing to offer a pathetic version of the music they sold. And twelve more where they offer only slightly less pathetic versions. 

"Music encoded as 256kbps AAC files first came to the iTunes Store in 2007 with the launch of Apple's iTunes Plus. "

JC

More fake news.

Here is one of the first things I purchased on iTunes, in 2009:

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 9.27.40 AM.png

(I also since found a few from 2007.)

4 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Amazing what can be done with photoshop these days. What is Apple paying you? 

Another psycho to put on ignore.

Next up:  Apple faked the lunar landings.  Steve Jobs killed John Lennon.

PS:   2009 came after 2007, but much before 2015, which was your original fraudulent claim, which I "photoshopped" in bold red font.

3 hours ago, left channel said:

@wgscott the "2015" in @TubeLover's post #22 is clearly a typo, as right underneath that he copies in a quote found in multiple sources on the web: "Music encoded as 256kbps AAC files first came to the iTunes Store in 2007 with the launch of Apple's iTunes Plus". His subsequent posts continue to point to 2007. You guys appear to be in agreement that it was not 256 kbps from 2003 until April 2007... but don't let me stop you from enjoying a good argument.

It is hard to know what is a typo, and what is just incorrect, but assuming it is a typo, why is he suggesting I photoshopped the info window if it reported 2009?  As you say, if that is in fact the case, then he has no quarrel.