IGNORED

Andrew Quint - The Audiophile Ecosystem (Editorial)

10 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Andrew Quint has it wrong - the Audiophile press an audiophiles ARE NOT on the same team. MQA is a classic example of that. I do agree there is room for different tastes but when we read, ' That MQA is EVOLUTIONARY in sound and quality' and the press continually waxes poetically about it without so much as doing any testing, it makes them part of the problem and not the answer to the problem.

Absolutely correct. They reinforce OCD, comparing vs actually listening to music, gear worship, and other nonsense that has nothing to do with listening to a stereo for enjoyment. End of story.

13 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Well, the gear grind is what keeps the industry moving. I mean, My 2 main amps (a Pioneer M-22 and my Kenwood L-07M monoblocks) were built in the latter 70's. I did have them restored before I started using them. They will last a long time.

I agree wity your point that chasing the latest and greatest is what Audiophiledom has become and that is in part to the audio press pushing it.

..to add.. their greatest contribution to destroying the enjoyment of the hobby is their ultimate party line.

EVERYTHING makes a difference. A knot on the wall. A lamp turned on a block away. A fart in the next room...

1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Imagine that?  Makers of consumer products leveraging psychology in an attempt to manipulate people into making purchases they otherwise don't even want, let alone need.

And the worst of it is that "influencers" like Mr. Quint pretend this psychological manipulation is just a figment of critic's imaginations.  The Confidence Game on display in its most grotesque form...

Spot on.