IGNORED

Bits is bits?

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, STC said:

Can stereo encode height information? The answer is NO...

Have you listened to the LEDR tests? Especially UP Left and UP Right. 

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

14 hours ago, sandyk said:

This isn't Hydrogen Audio. It's an Audiophile Forum where the majority of members do not have technical qualifications or the test equipment needed to produce these measurements. Neither should they have to...

I agree, most music listeners don't own or want any test equipment of any kind. As I music lover I prefer to use discretionary spending on music.

14 hours ago, sandyk said:

...Provided that the DBTs were correctly implemented, and the results published, it shouldn't matter who organized the tests...

Alex, I'm a subjectivist and as a subjectivist I only believe what I experience with my senses, thus the results of these DBTs you keep posting over and over mean nothing to me.

If bit identical files sound different:

• Could it be the timing of the bits are different?
  • Could it be system noise has somehow gotten in one of the files during or after digital to analog conversion?
  • Could it be MD5 checksums are not accurate enough? 

Definition of MD5 checksum:

• An MD5 checksum is a 32-character hexadecimal number that is computed on a file. If two files have the same MD5 checksum value, then there is a high probability that the two files are the same. 

Sounds like there is a low probability they are different, if so then they could sound different if I am understanding this correctly.

In my opinion bits are bits in the digital realm but when transformed into analog they become music. Music is what it is all about for me.

Alex, in short I wish you would stop with this two identical files can sound different over and over. As you stated above this is an "Audiophile Forum where the majority of members do not have technical qualifications or the test equipment needed to produce these measurements. Neither should they have to..."

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa