IGNORED

Innuos Zen mini mk3 power consumption

What is the power consumption of the innuos Zen mini mk3?

I am considdering a innuos and want to use a uptone lps1.2 for powering the Zen and a second for powering the harddisk. 

The website says 15w but has any one measured it?

What do you think of using two lps1.2 for the Zen?

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

Hi Simon,

Your post is halve NL / Eng, I’ll try to help: According to the power input specs the Zen Mini requires (one) 12V/5A. I believe the LPS 1.2 produces max 1.2 A, so I doubt  one LPS 1.2 would be sufficient. I don’t know how you want to connect two LPS’s with the Mini.

Cheers, Fred

Thanks Fred, sorry for the dutch words. Google translate did that I think..😆

I use a lps 1 for my harddisk server now (also one for the ultrarendu). And the Zenith uses also seperate power lines for the harddisk and comp so why not for the Zen mini.

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

@simonp 

I can't give you a straight answer, because I've never had a Zen mini. However, if that helps, I had a Zenith MK3 in my system, and I was able to power up the motherboard with a LPS 1.2 running at 12V. I just connected the LPS 1.2 to the EPS connector. The ATX connector was disconnected and the hard drive and CDRom were powered separately. That worked fine, and the sound was not bad. But the Sean Jacobs power supply on the Innuos sounded better. 

But this is not comparing apples to apples.

1. The Zenith uses a different motherboard than the Zen Mini. 

2. I believe the ZENmini LPSU is not as good as the one on the Zenith MK3. At least I don't see the Mundorf capacitors when I google pictures of it. 

I don't know for sure, but my guess is you would be able to power up the Zen mini motherboard with the LPS1.2 as long as the hard drive and CD-ROM are not powered by the motherboard. That is as good of an answer I can give you. Good luck. 

Industry disclosure: 

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Aries Cerat, Audio Mirror, Sean Jacobs

https://chicagohifi.com 

Ok thanks a lot for trying. So go for the Zenith. A very good power supply in the box. But maybee for the Zen mini its still a nice idea.

8 hours ago, Nenon said:

2. I believe the ZENmini LPSU is not as good as the one on the Zenith MK3. At least I don't see the Mundorf capacitors when I google pictures of it.

As far as I know, the mini doesn't have an LPS (Linear power suply), it comes with a standard smps. (Switch Mode PS)