IGNORED

ok, camera nuts...

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

that is why I put Leica in italics above - AFAIK, the lenses are designed by Leica, manf. by Panny, and then checked by a Leica team inside the factory

if you have any lens test data, or side by side imaging comparisons on L vs. P-L lenses, I'd be interested in seeing it

The Leica/Panasonic collaboration goes back to the 90’s. As you said they’re manufactured by Panasonic with oversight from Leica. Panasonic describes the process as built to "Leica's lofty standards". My impression is that in the past Leica was more involved in the design than they are now. Considering how shitty my first one was I have a hard time believing Leica does any QC after manufacture. Something you should be aware of, unless something has changed in the last year, Panasonic USA doesn’t have the equipment to repair them. If it’s sent in during the warranty period they will replace it with a different one. If it’s out of warranty you can replace it yourself out of your own pocket or do without. Fortunately, mine was still under warranty. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Ansel Adams regarded cameras as mere tools. He always talked about “using the right tool for the job.” He did use a Polaroid in his class to illustrate photographic points in his lectures, but I don’t think he used one for serious photography due to the lack of manipulativity of the image inherent in Polaroid photography. 

https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Photography-Ansel-Adams-1979-04-27/dp/B019NDPMR0/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Angel+Adams+Polaroid&qid=1563623480&s=gateway&sr=8-3