IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Cool. At this point wait for the 2.6 update card to pop up on our website. 

Is there a way to sign up and get emails when these update cards become available?

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

1 hour ago, Sloop John B said:

image.thumb.png.5a6be66769d378cc52ea0850913d3d88.png

strange disconnect between current and latest!

.sjb

I noticed this too. I am a new ultraRendu owner, but I did not know what to expect. I suppose my question to @vortecjr is what is the difference between "current" and "latest"?

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

These two steps always work for me when Audirvana does not recognize the ultraRendu.

1- Reboot SonicOrbiter

2- Settings> MPD/DLNA> Save Changes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, mackh said:

Hi,

I have been successfully running a microRendu (ver 2.2) for some time in conjunction with a Gustard U12 (USB to sPdif) and Chord Hugo DAC and using BubbleUPnP server on the Rendu for access to Tidal and the Lumin open source control app. I have had a few problems with the Hugo recently and decided to purchase a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ to replace it  and also to allow me to test MQA files.

I decided to bring the Rendu and BubbleUPnP software up to date so upgraded Bubble UPnP server on the Rendu to version 0.9-update 30, and upgraded the Rendu software to the version 2.3 that was offered to me. I was then offered 2.7 and attempted to upgrade to that but although the upgrade appeared to work, the version displayed when I go into the 'manage' page still displays 2.3.

My problem now is that although I can still find and connect to 'manage my microRendu' using the usual web page, when I go into the Bubble UPnP server app to set up an open home renderer, Bubble UPnP no longer appears to recognise the Rendu as an available renderer. It finds two other streamers I use in other systems on my network(a Linn Klimax and a Naim Muso) and can stream to them, but because it doesn't recognise the Rendu as an available renderer I can no longer stream to it.

Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Thanks       

I think this is your problem:

After a SonicOrbiter Update:

1. Reboot
  2. Settings > MPD/DLNA > Save Changes

52 minutes ago, mackh said:

...I can also confirm (for anyone else going down this route) that I am not limited to the MConnect app, because the Lumin app that I prefer also streams bit perfect MQA to my DAC as well....

Isn't that because the Mytek Brooklyn is a MQA DAC, and not because of anything the Lumin App is doing to the MQA stream?

Just curious...

• 3 weeks later...

@pwhinson FYI, I have found the PSAudio Directstream Dac to be somewhat fussy about sampling tracks - listening for short (<1min) and moving on to a next track, repeatedly. If you do this, eventually the uR can't stream. The solution as you found is to power cycle the PSAudio DAC via the rear power switch.

This does not happen when using the PSAudio BridgeII. 

I contacted PS Audio service about this behavior. They wanted me to send back the DAC for an "evaluation", which is their way of saying we haven't a clue about what is going on. They would have found out everything works as expected (i.e., within the ecosystem of Dac, BridgeII, and mConnect).

Avoid track sampling or do sampling only with the Bridge II (if you have one installed) and you should not have any problems. I use my installed BridgeII only for Spotify Premium, since that is where I do most of my track sampling.