IGNORED

Annoying Yiggy Issue

3 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I live cold part of the year in India for years. This place would be considered as extremely "noisy" and even "distorted"

I understand. But wouldn't it be even nicer for you if India was colder throughout the year ?

(with less sand dust on top of it :))

In other words, what we should not forget is that there is a best of both or all worlds with net even better result: even less distortion by measurement and that unequivocally sounding better than with the distortion (and subjective ideas about SQ, but alas).

This is how I said in my previous post that I personally never rain into any situation that something which measured for the better, sounded for the worse. And oh, that can be so all right, but then something else came into the equation. This is all very hard to explain or elaborate upon because so many variables exist.

Fact is that all is about our references. Fact is sadly also that when something measures at best we can (measurement equipment limitation), beyond that are worlds of better best and worse. All unseen by measurement. And who tells that any given reference (with that optimal measurement) is that "best" situation already ? I have the answer: it never is. There is always something to improve upon which measurement (that we now of) can't show any more.

So the subject of the past few posts is about the other way around: when things measure worse, it is readily audible as sounding worse (or something not right, etc.).

Please be aware of the context, which is comparing with real life instruments. This is not subjective to "I like more bass better" etc. - only to our experience with the instrument in question. If I have a piano in the room, the piano through the speaker must sound the same (disregarding the piano builder/brand of course). If the piano sounds "nicely vibrant" it may be sounding nice to you and you possibly could like it for ever, but it is not how a piano should sound. The real art of this hobby (and manufacturer within that) of course is how to *and* make the piano sounding right *and* the drums *and* the copper instruments *and* the voices ... etc. I mean, it is so very easy to have a trumpet sounding screaming right, while Mark Knopfler screams to you as well.

Although I never heard it, it was told that the Yggy has/had a vibrant sound. This is a flavor. And flavors are never good to have in music reproduction.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)