IGNORED

IFI Nano IDSD original using Filtro GTO

Good afternoon, I have an original IFI Nano IDSD with firmware 5.30c. The software I use is JRiver, so it does not play MQA. the question is: does the GTO filter resample 8x when it reproduces PCM or is it only for MQA and then in my case it reproduces PCM at the source frequency of the file? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, boxitracio said:

Thank you very much for the answers. I am waiting for the answer of the support of IFI to then proceed to uninstall the firmware 5.3c and reinstall the firmware 5.2., Which if I am not mistaken, maintains the sampling frequency of each file.
regards

Yes, 5.2 passes the input directly to the DSD1793 chip. The filter switch gives you a choice of fast or slow roll-off, both linear phase. With 5.30C, this switch becomes a mere ornament.

1 hour ago, boxitracio said:

Thank you very much for the reply! I was not happy with the sound I got with this new filter and I did not understand the origin. You have cleared all the doubts except this one: should I uninstall the 5.30c first and then install the 5.20c?

There is no uninstall procedure. Whatever version you load overwrites the previously installed firmware.

14 hours ago, boxitracio said:

Thank you very much for the information provided. regards

The GTO firmware applies our GTO filter to PCM data, thus bit-perfect mode for it is not possible. If you'd like to have PCM in bit-perfect mode, please use one of our previous firmwares.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF