IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, flkin said:

Željko's aware of this issue already and has suggested he will look at it in the future. Unfortunately I can't try 24 bits as my demo has already expired. Perhaps later in the year when I have more time I will get a new computer/storage and make the move. I've made a bunch of 32bit wv files for trying in Euphony but I'll just have to wait until Euphony's updated before I can test them.

I wonder how much overhead there is to decode a 32/768 wave pack file?

It should be easy enough to convert .wv files back to .wav files, no? @Zaphod Beeblebrox?

11 hours ago, flkin said:

Actually I’ve been trying PGGB wav tracks 24/32 bits, 8fs and 16fs combinations but in wav format will have to be few tracks at a time only with lots of administrative downtime in between. To date still working to get that large improvement others are talking about.  

You have the Vinnie Rossi DAC 2.0 module right? And it has XMOS on USB, and supports up to 16FS, correct? Hmm, that should be a good candidate for PGGB.

We can take this over to the PGGB thread, but one quick question: I hope you were trying PGGB with the NOS mode set to ON? I would expect so, else the whole point would be lost.