IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

21 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Bob are you running in ramroot? Did you choose option to add app config to ramroot? If so that’s the problem. Euphony tell you this on their support page. 

Come out of ramroot, restart & select Ramroot. This time don’t select app config to ramroot. 

I am not running in RAM.  I am also using Roon right now.  I have to switch over to Stylus to look at library.  

This work thing is getting in the way of audio.....  Later today..

2 hours ago, Brianfromspace said:

Cause of this and other many posts on this forum I've started to setup a Roon system with a NUC 10 i7 (server) and a network player from Cambridge Audio (851N). Now i ordered Apacer wide temp 16gb ram and a Intel Optane 32GB M2 drive, but when I looked on the Roon Core install page and on the Roon forum it was not recommended using the Optane drive, but use a minimum of 64gb drive.

On this forum i've read a lot about servers/players, is there anyone with a NUC and Optane that has Roon Core running? And are there any benefits of installing Euphony Stylus instead of Roon Core when it comes to SQ?

I run Euphony OS with Roon server on devices with 32GB of Optane with no issues.  I have about 70K tracks in my library.

5 minutes ago, Brianfromspace said:

thanks for confirming @bobfa, did u ever tried that hardware with Roon core? & did you hear a big difference compared to Roon Core OS.

I play with Dutch & Dutch 8C’s.

It is really easy to test with both.  I tested several times with the original ROCK before they changed the name.  I never found it all that exciting.  For that last year or so I have been using Euphony.  I switch between Stylus and Roon.

13 hours ago, Cazzesman said:

Those lovely Kii 3's are pushed wwwaaaaayyyyy back in the corner bobfa.  Taking full advantage of the tech on offer. 🙂

I'm only a tad jealous about the BXT's 😜

Regards Cazzesman

This is #FutureFi. I would never go back to a system that requires speakers to be hung out in the middle of the room!

image.png.c6c302457a30c5c0f3742ab1e7fd7cf0.png

7 hours ago, Brianfromspace said:

ok, thx @bobfa for sharing. Just to be sure, that testing was on the server side right? Cause i have no player NUC but a cambrdige audio network streamer. So if i use Stylus, it’s only for Roon core purposes. I’m a sucker for movie sound over my stereo set, that’s why no second NUC for me.

I am currently using a single computer system. I use USB out to my speakers . 

• 4 months later...

Dave,

You should be able to just install the M.2 in your server and then from the Euphony menu install the OS directly onto the M.2. I have done that multiple times.  I do not have my server running right now so I cannot grab a screenshot...

You can pull down the Euphony manual to see how to do this.

bob