IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

1 hour ago, biosailor said:

Euphony's library management is a disgrace!

I basically have to jump from album to album and correct each one for proper tagging. In such a way, it works, but it is tedious, to say the least!

Yesterday, even worse, Roon's library got completely mixed up: clicking one album reviewed a completely different album underneath.

Euphony should definitely do something about it. For a software costing this much, I expect at least sound library management!

Just a thought? Are you using Ramroot? If so untick copy app, something like that. If you read website it explains it causes issues. 

36 minutes ago, Joerg D said:

Hello
I like Stylus because I like the sound very much. Actually I listen with Roon. But now I want to get to know Stylus better and I have some questions about how to use it.
It would be nice if you could help me.
How do I assign tags to songs and how do I create playlists and assign playlists to songs?
Does it matter whether I select in the setting that the music is loaded 100% into the memory or whether I select the function 
"Buffer queue to Ram " ?

Thanks for your help

Joerg

http://audiokernel.com/EuphonyGuide.pdf

The link has all tye answers you will need

2 hours ago, Joerg D said:

Hello
I like Stylus because I like the sound very much. Actually I listen with Roon. But now I want to get to know Stylus better and I have some questions about how to use it.
It would be nice if you could help me.
How do I assign tags to songs and how do I create playlists and assign playlists to songs?
Does it matter whether I select in the setting that the music is loaded 100% into the memory or whether I select the function 
"Buffer queue to Ram " ?

Thanks for your help

Joerg

I and many users use ramroot! It improves SQ, also buffering. Try it for yourself mind you. 

7 minutes ago, dminches said:

I don’t disagree that Roon has a lot of non-audio features but I am curious what you think you are missing in Stylus with respect to library management features.  It doesn’t pull information from anywhere than the audio files themselves, something that Roon does a ton of, but I think it organizes a library well.

Very good point, if you break it down...Roon is great if you subscribe to Qobuz or Tidal. To get round this I use Tidal app for recommendations & searches and add to library. This gives more 80% of what I need with library management. Stylus brings so much in SQ v Roon it’s a no brainier for me. Just my view. 

In have no issue whatsoever with Stylus library. Yes of course you have to spend a bit of time when you first import your music! Roon does a better job on first import but still doesn’t import everything perfectly.

Once you’ve dedicated some time to get your library organised.....here comes something that Roon cannot compete with..Sound Quality! & not by small margin either! 

Yes Euphony has the odd bug like messages appearing, doesn’t bother me to be honest! Focus has to be maintaining / improving sound quality. I’m always nervous when there’s more features are added, more features more services...maybe less sound quality. 

Euphony v Roon is a trade-off! I’ll always go with Euphony being Roon trade-off is SQ!  

Anyway that’s my pennies worth! 

On 1/30/2021 at 1:01 PM, BCRich said:

Hi,

Would someone be willing to help me with CPU Isolation? I have a i9900K CPU and am looking to isolate Stylus, HQPe, and gstp. I understand every system is different. Some have shared their settings but they all seem to be 8 Core CPU’s. Not sure how to balance things with the 16 Cores available.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

0-3 stylus 4-5 gstp 6-15

34 minutes ago, BCRich said:

I had asked him about using the i9 9900k with Euphony and his reply was that the newer processors are not natively supported but would be with Version 4. This was back in either November or December last year.

I asked when it would be released and he said it would be anywhere from 6-9 months.

I offered to Beta Test...😋

??? I’m using i9 9900k with Euphony currently! 

15 hours ago, BCRich said:

Thanks.

I ended up trying this yesterday, seems to work fine.

0-1 stylus 2-3 gstp 4-7 hqplayerd 8-15

Are you aware it's not advised to use core isolation while using HQPlayer? HQPlayer now uses it's own core isolation behind the scenes. So you are effectively using core isolation twice. Worth trying without for a week or so then revert back to see if you hear changes. I felt on my i9 that there was more freedom with core isolation disabled. 

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Now that you mention it I vaguely recall reading that. I will change the settings right now.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: I changed things to how you had isolation set: 0-3 stylus 4-5 gstp 6-15

When I hit apply it placed hqplayerd in the 0-3 group, I also noticed that gstp does not appear in the list at all. I am using Roon on my Summus Server playing to HQPlayer Embedded on my HDPlex build right now not using Stylus so that could be why. Effectively it is still placing hqplayerd in a specific group. Should I be setting isolation to default? When I first looked at it; before any strings applied it showed everything at 0-15.

Just delete everything in the core isolation box and press apply. If that doesn't work try 0-15 then apply. 

42 minutes ago, mdzaki said:

Hi all....i have euphony installed on a fanless nuc5i5ryh that is connected to isoregen using curious usb cable and then to my brinkmann nyquest dac. i would like to get myself another nuc in order to build a dual pc . so that one nuc will be the server and the other the end point similar to summus server and endpoint.

my question is how do i connect the server and the endpoint together for the best sound quality ? usb? ethernet ?

regards,

Zaki 

Ethernet for me. You’ll need two Euphony licenses for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

The question is who & with what equipment is my beta testing? It does concern me it used to be Nenon & Austinpop, which I believe are no longer doing beta testing. 

Warm v Details - Jesus this is the ying and yang! Getting the balance right is so difficult! 

It was easier when all genres sounded the same out of the Ghetto Blaster!!!! 

1 hour ago, edwardsean said:

I also have my core allocations set to: 

0 gstp 1-7

This leads me to think that moving up to 16 threads may be beneficial to SQ. So, I'm looking to move from a fanless i7 to a fanless i9. 

Has anyone made this jump and found it worthwhile? The difference in cost is quite substantial. 

Hi, yes I move from i7 to i9! Big shift in dynamics! I have Sean Jacobs 10a version so I’m able to run at 5.0ghz! Cpu full open! Again bigger dynamics! 

18 minutes ago, edwardsean said:

Thank you that's helpful. Was it just dynamics or were their other gains, soundstage, imaging, detail, etc.?

Could you give a brief description of your fanless i9, pc board, case?

Hi, I have pdf of my system in my profile.  Check there for further details. 

I can’t really recall exact improvements but I know was a big lift in SQ. I didn’t take any notes at the time. If I was to now would be a guesstimate. But if pushed more space/Airy & big dynamics. That’s with 10a SJ LPS. Previously used 5a SJ LPS with my i7. So SQ improvement for me is probably a combination of 10a LPS & i9. 

i9 9900k

Asus ROG Maximus X1 Formula Z390

Apacer RAM

HDPlex case

3 minutes ago, edwardsean said:

Hmm... that does make it hard to know what was the i9 what was the new power supply, as power plays such a large part esp. in dynamics.

Sorry should have said I upgraded to i9 using SJ 5a. But had to restrict to 3.6ghz. My comments above are based on moving from i7 to i9 using same LPS. When I added the 10a LPS & opened the CPU to 5.0ghz, that gave dynamics another big leap. 

9 minutes ago, edwardsean said:

Hmm... that does make it hard to know what was the i9 what was the new power supply, as power plays such a large part esp. in dynamics.

Your profile doesn’t list your system. What are you currently using? Do you have an LPS with individual rails? If not you’ll get better bang for buck upgrading to an LPS than upgrading from an i7 to i9. Or adding say a pink faun usb card? 

I think the question should be? I have x amount of spare cash the now, where should I spend it on my system? So many choices.