IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

1 hour ago, msb1 said:

Yes, there are corresponding 26 Irq's for eth0 and eth1.
My confusion is - which ones do I isolate? Or should I put all the eth0 in 1 or 2 cores and similar with eth1?

Ah, that’s the question isn’t it? You can try grouping all LAN movements into one (or more) cores. Or you can have separate them into eth0, eth1 etc. What sounds the best in your own system is the correct setting.

In my system, I group them separately.

7 hours ago, msb1 said:

My motherboard eth's are disabled in the bios. I use the Solarflare x2522 pcie card with both ports bridged - one connects to the switch and the other to my roon endpoint.

If Euphony buffers tracks or playlist into RAM prior to playback, does using a LAN card matter? It will be as if music comes from RAM and (apart from controls) LAN access is not required during playback. 

You can see how that sounds by selecting a few streaming files and loading them into RAM. Start the playback and physically disconnect the LAN. Playback continues since LAN isn’t required. You might be surprised how similar the sound is comparing the 2 variations 

We’re comparing the best sound (no LAN) and a compromised sound with LAN connected. If you can’t hear any difference then your ethernet set up is good enough and needs no further work. 

Obviously disconnecting a streamer is not a normal condition. We need controls and need access to streaming data. It’s only to check how close you are to optimal network sound. 

On 4/14/2024 at 5:53 PM, abase said:

..in my system the best sound is not no LAN - These weekend I tested a few of my best songs with no LAN and with my LAN setup. The sound over the LAN is more engaging. I think it is the reclocker of the  melco switch (Pink Fraun Ultra OCXO) that do the magic. If I put the melco switch out of the chain the sound is good but lifeless, it loose the complete engagement that I have, if I hear the music with my normal setup (melco switch) It is so much that I compare it to the different between Holo audio Spring 3 KTE to Holo audio May KTE

There are a few explanations that might cause this. By disconnecting the LAN cable during playback, it might cause the OS to repeatedly look for a reconnection causing an extra loading. To solve this, did you also try the relax mode of Euphony before disconnecting the LAN cable - then Euphony shuts down the LAN access from within the OS? It’s in Expert settings or press and hold the play button. 

Still the bottom line is if it sounds good, that’s the path! Everything else is just theory. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 5:47 PM, genvirt said:

Good to know about Tidal has back:)

But this issue waste all my trial and Robert refuse to extend it… very pity that service goes down there:(

That's not good. Given Tidal was working for other playback software including Roon, Euphony should have extended some extra time, not only to trial users but to paid subscriptions which lost playback time during this period. Simply a gesture of goodwill.

They really don't know how to market themselves.