IGNORED

Shootout at the Linux Corral: AudioLinux vs Euphony

OK so @ArthurPower can you explain some key differences between AudioLinux and Euphony that might account for Euphony's reported superior sound quality?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

19 minutes ago, bobfa said:

I really want others to just boot-up Euphony and see if it works for them.  

I get it, but I still think it's perfectly legit to ask the developer for some technical insight.  If you want me to start a different thread to solicit this input, let me know.  I didn't mean to mess up your topic.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, mozes said:

It only takes 5 seconds to realize that the sound with StylusEP is more dynamic and spatial.

So now Piero needs to figure out why.

23 hours ago, mozes said:

I have been switching between Stylus standalone and LMS-->StylusEP for the last hour and till now I don't have any conclusive takeaways. What is clear to me is that both configurations sound almost identical and I am not sure which one is superior. For now, if anyone has a single PC, my advice is don't bother with a server+end point with Euphony. I am assuming that your pursuit is the best SQ. Just invest in the highest quality PC and configure it as a standalone Stylus player. The simplicity of this solution makes it a winner. I will be doing more listening tomorrow and see if I can have more concrete thoughts about this comparison.

Thanks so much Moussa.  A lot of the experience reported here is Roon specific, so your input is very helpful to those of us who don't use it.

Roon is designed as an end-to-end solution, isn't it ...  with the RAAT protocol and Roon Ready endpoints?  Yet many people are reporting that Squeezelite or EuphonyEP sounds better on the endpoint.  Too bad you can't buy just the UI.  But that would mess up the whole partner ecosystem.  Reminds me of MQA.