IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Many people love the new sound, i too, really better in the bass part to my hearing, don’t want to go back 😀

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

you know you could drag the columns too each field to fill your screen like mine... also right click on title field to get more choice... you can drag the fields to invert them like you want... also check your sorting option in the preferences, here is mine

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

look also to the right corner screen 'Filter' click it and see or trash it to return to covers in rows. This is my window when opening Audirvana, not by genre...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Forgot to write when in cover view, you can do cmd + or - to shrink covers or bigger them like you want :)

what happen if you select Artists instead of Albums... do you see the letters bar ?

Mine...

Maybe you will have to see when new Remote version is release soon  :)

IMG_0194.PNG

IMG_0195.PNG

6 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

Thanks for posting that. I don't have a FB account and never will.

Sometimes companies forget that there are people that feel FB is an unnecessary part of life.

Since you cant read it, maybe you can translate it :)

La Remote Audirvana a été complètement remaniée et vous apporte de nouvelles fonctionnalités.

L'application Android entre dans la phase bêta d'ici la fin de la semaine prochaine et sera disponible peu de temps après. La version iOS mise à jour est aussi en développement et sera annoncée bientôt.

It is not an easy job being a dev as all the bugs people have like these, really strange. Have tried uninstalled it yourself and put it back?

If you are upsampling better put memory to 1024mb instead of higher, go low...

• 3 weeks later...

Beta remote for android seems to be going on now, were next i suppose 😀

• 3 weeks later...

For what i know, i think when upsampling DSD, your safe volume setting, should be set at -3 dB

• 1 month later...

Fot those who cares, Damien answered that about Amazon HD Music on his forum:

Because they are Amazon, we believe their new HD service will contribute to promote quality audio, and we support that in general. So we are open to integrate their service into Audirvana, but that is the only thing we can say so far.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mikeypas said:

Narrowed the flickering issue down to a library issue.

Something in my library is causing the screen the flicker, and stay that way even after audirvana is closed.

Maybe its an accent or symbol or some glitch in the artwork, but theres no way for my to try to find it

I tried removing the library and using a smaller library on my local HD, and the problem didn't appear.

Any ideas how to track down the offending album ? Its a very annoying problem because have to restart the system each time this happens.

Thanks

when it is happening, remove a letter from your music folder mine is like A to Z (26 folders). Then sync it to see if it disappear. Then try removing another...

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jrd1975 said:

Hi @damien78

Is it possible to add DSD selection options if using [RopieeeXL] to output to an UPnP network player?

My device settings are below - I am using Mac Mini > A+ (latest) > RopieeeXL > Allo Digione > SPDIF > Chord Hugo 2

I believe to output DSD64 over SPDIF I need to be able to select DSD over DOP (like I can in Roon - see further below)

Thanks in advance!

757842270_Screenshot2019-10-19at13_36_22.png.79de7e593618390565fe87873c34f047.png

The setting you choose under Not MQA is ??

DSD over PCM 1.1

Euh.. might be because of network player? can't help with that, i'm direct usb connect, sorry :)

1 hour ago, JohnM73 said:

without the ability to list albums by genre - or have the option to select a certain genre - this new app is pretty useless for me. Unless I’ve missed the Genre option somewhere?

Not sure if that what you mean, but go the preferences on remote and edit how you see things...

for me, i really miss beeing able to see my albums by YEAR...

93D5C469-84AE-452F-9C7C-908E78D18445.png

13 minutes ago, KT77 said:

I'm happy that I was able to find how on my own how this is done, seeming as no one took a moment to respond to said request........., I guess I can see why so many are lost.

I'm out.

Maybe now you learned why so many people don’t use a software in a software... let Audirvana work alone, don’t let Apple run your music 😀

Here's a link from Audirvana Forum from a user that suceeded on Catalina, putting Direct Mode back...

I didn't tried it yet... not so easy to follow, maybe a hardcore fan of Direct Mode can write a more easy text

to make it works for others... :)

https://community.audirvana.com/t/enable-direct-mode-on-catalina/9638

The only way that worked for me, is when i use the Hackintool software to disable Gatekeeper...

the regular lines for disabling it in Terminal didn't do it, but same lines in Hackintool did it  :)

If someone better in terminal command to found the thing that is different, i can change my text

without using the free app, but again, just a small download, maybe more easy then doing many copy/paste.

So i've put it in my dropbox for people who want Direct Mode on Catalina to try.

In it you have a link for the free app, a text How to... and the original .ktext of El Capitan.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnmaudriq280l2d/AudirvanaCatalinaDirectMode.zip?dl=0

Feel free to comment if you try.

2 hours ago, satbaba said:

Is there improvement in sound quality when you switch to Direct mode?

for my system and my old ears, it doesn't jump at me saying yes, but many doesn’t want to change their setup because they see a real improvement. You really have to try it with your setup and hear 😀

Direct Mode Enable in Catalina with latest Audirvana.

I have change my text a bit to make it more clear, and add some pictures before and after the change. Here is the new link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqeai0fs8m5o5ey/AudirvanaCatalinaDirectMode.zip?dl=0

2 minutes ago, SteveS1 said:

Is there any way to get back to the previous Audirvana Remote App?

Damien answered this on his forum:

Hello everyone,

Regarding the automatic update of A+ Remote to the new app, this is an iOS settings that you can enable or not in your iOS device settings. This can’t be controlled by Audirvana at all.

For the A+ Remote we can’t bring this version back anymore. Due to Apple App Store limitations, having both old A+ Remote and Audirvana Remote available together would have prevented to offer to all A+ Remote the free upgrade to Audirvana Remote.

That’s why we have chosen the free upgrade for all A+ Remote users.

As this non maintained audio device is preventing you from upgrading past Yosemite, this strongly limits your choice of recent applications. For Audirvana, this means you can’t get past the 3.2.18.

Now, what are the issues you’re having with Audirvana Remote?

Sure, the new features (e.g. playlist editing, advanced filters, all favorite types, …) require Audirvana 3.5.

But you can still get the feature set of the old A+ Remote in Audirvana Remote.

Please note there is an issue preventing to access some albums contents in the current 2.0. This is fixed in the 2.1 that has now been submitted to Apple for App Review. It should then arrive shortly.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated my text for those who wants Direct Mode in Catalina and have a newer Mac with the T2 Chip...

didn't tried it myself, not rich enough :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqeai0fs8m5o5ey/AudirvanaCatalinaDirectMode.zip?dl=0