IGNORED

My Favorite Album Covers / Artwork

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Melvin said:

Wow, I don't remember it being withdrawn, but I was pretty young then. The only album cover I can remember being banned was Blind Faith's lone one. 

Wikipedia: 

Released on 20 June 1966, the Yesterday and Today album's controversial cover marked the first time the Beatles' judgment was criticised by the media and distributors. On 10 June, in response to the negative reaction from disc jockeys and record reviewers who had been sent advance copies, Capitol launched "Operation Retrieve", recalling 750,000 copies of the LP from distributors to replace the artwork. The total cost to Capitol of replacing the cover and promotional materials was $250,000, wiping out the company's initial profit. In Britain, the same photograph of the band smiling amid the mock carnage had been used in promotional advertisements for the Beatles' "Paperback Writer" single.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.