IGNORED

Axpona 2019 Meet-UP??

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

For those who are going, is there interest in meeting up at the hotel's "Gather Bar"?

How about Saturday at 12:30pm

and/or Sunday after Chris's presentation at 1:30pm 

Sure Saturday 12:30 sounds good to me, based on your photo I just don't know if they will let you in at the bar :)

13 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

Believe it or not that picture was taken in 1973 when I was 3.  My father's Heathkit, reel to reel and turntable were my first introductions to music appreciation as captured in that photo.  I've aged a bit since then ;)

I'll plan on being there both days at those times.  I won't have an Audiophile Style sign around my neck but my name is John.  I'll plan on finding a table of some sort in the area, not at the bar.

Haha, I PMed you 

3 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I won't be able to make the bar scene Saturday as I'll be up managing the multichannel room for George (exaSound) but c'mon up after a few beers and listen to some great NativeDSD (among others) multichannel stuff, and say hi.

I will be there I think Friday and Saturday, Sunday I'm not planning to attend so I won't be there 

Thanks @bobfaand @Johnseyefor meeting up yesterday at Chris's panel, always nice to meet in person, with the size of the show and the snow there wasn't too much time for much else. Last night wife and I went to winter's Jazz club, for $15 you are sitting 4 feet from the live performance of the Chicago jazz orchestra, all big band arrangements of Duke Ellington, Dizzie Gillespie etc., incredible, again with the rush of everything I forgot to mention that, it was a very good opportunity for big band and jazz aficionados 

This is off topic but it might be helpful, how much time do we spend selecting new music? Every time I go to a show I try to build a Playlist with new tracks etc. If we could share these that would be helpful to minimize research and improve listening and enjoyment. I wanted to ask David Solomon as I heard he has great selections if he would be willing 2 share some of his content but again such hectic schedule I did not have the chance after Chris's panel. Is there's a topic for sharing new Playlists? 

I was referring to new music, and this is interesting to me. I was very narrowed 30 years ago into rock music then 15 years ago my taste in music changed, I diversified, now I listen more to jazz, big band, swing, bossa nova, pop, single instrument, vocals etc than rock alone. Also let's be realistic I think rock recordings for some reason are the worst for good quality, it is the hardest music to appreciate in good systems, my rock reference tracks to evaluate new equipment are supertramp school, dire Straits private investigations, Genesis abacab and very specific ones, some recordings are imposible to use for reference due to the bad source quality digital or vinyl. 

So Iike to discover new music usually non rock related (wife hates rock 😕

Right now I'm listening to youn sun nah which I 1st heard at axpona, wonderful soloist, for you @Johnseye is probably old for me it is revealing and new