IGNORED

DSD Offshoot Discussion From MQA Topic

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Very well then, I give you Understanding Delta-Sigma Data Converters, Second Edition by Shanthi Pavan, Richard Schreier, and Gabor C. Temes, ISBN 978-1-119-25827-8. This 572-page book does not mention "pulse density" or "PDM" even once.

25 minutes ago, Paul R said:

You would not happen to a précis of it online would you?  Or better yet, can you access AES publications? Or better yet, just extract and post the reference you are using from it so everyone can evaluate it.

The book you seek is available on Amazon

3 minutes ago, Paul R said:

To start with, I don't lack knowledge in this subject. Not that I can not always learn something new, but in this case, it appears to be someone else trying to prove their technical superiority rather than challenging a technical issue. Moreover, I do not require anyone to agree with me. 

Ok.  Just trying to understand why you're repeating the same thing over and over again and demanding others prove you wrong.  I was just thinking that bringing in citations from places other than your own brain might help bolster your case.

5 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Seriously, I did. 

I also don't consider tossing out a large book that doesn't clearly define the difference under discussion as a "reference."  I would class that as BS myself.  If it was a reference, then chapter, page, and brief reference might be a better choice for someone to offer up.

Well, I just ordered the book because I want to know.  The abstract for that book discusses more applications for Delta-Sigma Data Converters than just audio, so while I'm expecting it to be quite dry, it should be at least illuminating.