IGNORED

Article: Audiophile 5: Roon 1.6 in 5 Minutes

Hi Chris,  most of us will not pay for both Tidal and Qobuz... so if we make the switch, what would happen to our playlists?

would the tracks remain, but show as “unavailable”?

I’ve read that Qobuz doesn’t have the amount of tracks available as Tidal offers. 

JD

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi JD - I’d drop Tidal today in favor of Qobuz. Total number of tracks is meaningless. It’s all about the important stuff. 

Here’s how to transfer your favorites and playlists. 

Thanks for your reply.  I’m not sure if I follow you... if they don’t offer the tracks in my playlist (I’m mostly into Jazz), what’s the important stuff that I’m missing?  Do you mind elaborating on the benefits of Qobuz beyond what I saw in the video?

Thanks again,

JD

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi JD - I’d drop Tidal today in favor of Qobuz. Total number of tracks is meaningless. It’s all about the important stuff. 

Here’s how to transfer your favorites and playlists. 

Okay, one more question. Why do I need Soundiiz to transfer my playlists... aren’t they already in Roon?

6 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@JDoyle I transferred my hundreds of TIDAL playlists I made to Qobuz via Soundiiz(get the premium subscription) those playlisst had sometimes 100's of songs/albums not all will transfer( ie within each individual playlist) but enough did to make me happy couldn't get my 'favorites' to transfer nor did my favorites from my 'French' account transfer to Qobuz USA but I did transfer all my Qobuz France playlists to Soundiiz(itself) and then from Soundiiz to Qobuz USA

The amazing thing is those TIDAL transfers in MQA  play as 24/96 or 24/192 HiRes on Qobuz

Thanks for your reply @bobbmd, I have to admit that I’m still a bit confused about this. I don’t have any playlists in Tidal per se, all my playlists are in roon, where I’m combining my stuff (on my Salkstreamer’s ssd) and also from Tidal via roon’s Integration with It.  So after I would presumably make the switch to Quobuz, if a said track wasn’t available, would Roon just say “this track is currently unavailable in Quobuz”?  (Sometimes I get that message currently with roon/Tidal).

JD