IGNORED

5G - Are We Safe Or Insane?

Axial

7 hours ago, Jud said:

Could be more sophisticated. A friend developed a radar system for the DoD and adapted it to cancer treatment (for which he has a patent), and it seems to me it might be adapted to drone or other communication as well. It effectively hides the location the transmission is coming from.

I am sure it is very sophisticated, but...

1) I am not privy to such information

2) If I were, I would not be sharing it.

No electron left behind.

11 minutes ago, Jud said:

@AudioDoctor, if you know any oncologists who would be interested, here's the plain English in a nutshell: Some chemotherapy requires heat activation.  If you send infrared toward the tumor location from outside the body, the tissue along the path to the tumor is heated too - not good.  What this does is use multiple beams so they interfere and combine in a way that only heats the tissue at the tumor location itself.

Can I use this tech to heat the inside of my microwaved meals once and for all versus cooking the outside and having a frozen center?  Tell your friend he has a whole new market to open up!

No electron left behind.

I came here to post one thing, now I have to post two...

@elcorso my SO is making me reconsider telepathy. I can't get away with anything, even when she's in Aruba and I'm stuck here... 😉

Anyway, check this speed test of my ATT cell service on my phone today...

Why do I need 5G? I can wait till someone else other than Huawei gets it sorted at this speed.

IMG_0643.png

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, esldude said:

Look at your ping time man.  If your self driving car, is in line with 40 other self driving cars in close proximity during rush hour at 100 mph (160 kph), and your watching 16 k video while also taking part in a streaming 16 k video conference related to your business, and streaming DSD 4096 music, and your medical implants are actively communicating with your medical IOT provider, and commenting on Audiophile Style it will be a total disaster with 36 millisecond ping times on each contacting of the network (there'll be hundreds of these delays per second) on each of those high speed activities. 

Your car will crash and you'll die.  You'll be liable for it killing 39 other people.  Your medical condition not being updated real time will likely kill you even if you don't crash.  You'll loose your job when your video conferencing glitches and intercuts your 16 k movie clips into the proceedings.  Which means you'll loose health coverage for your medical implants to contact your medical IOT provider anyway.   Your music quality will glitch and suck so bad the collapse of the soundstage may cause you to wrest control of the car from the AI thinking it has stopped working.  Plus your call to FAS42 for help on AS will probably get lost in the kerfuffle anyway.  

No man, your lousy 4G is too dangerous to contemplate.  

It's a good thing my car isn't self driving then...

No electron left behind.

2 minutes ago, elcorso said:

At this speed you don't need Huawei 5G and nobody knows telepathy speed !

But Google is faster, I got About 1,240,000,000 results (0.50 seconds) when looking SO meaning and now I don't know which one is the correct ! 😂

Roch

Significant Other, she is on her yearly girls trip to someplace warm.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

But it is illegal to snoop on US citizens w/o a warrant (usually).

THE NSA has secret laws and secret courts to interpret those laws...  AND the claim is that recording, storing, and running AI systems on all communications (I do mean ALL) is legal as no human has listened in to the exact contents.

Its the FISA court, and in its entire history it has never turned down a government application for a warrant. And you are never allowed to even know you were brought up in front of it, or allowed to defend yourself.

No electron left behind.

"Also rare is for FISA warrant requests to be turned down. During the 25 years from 1979 to 2004, 18,742 warrants were granted, while only four were rejected. Fewer than 200 requests had to be modified before being accepted, almost all of them in 2003 and 2004. The four rejected requests were all from 2003, and all four were partially granted after being submitted for reconsideration by the government. Of the requests that had to be modified, few were before the year 2000. During the next eight years, from 2004 to 2012, there were over 15,100 additional warrants granted, and another seven being rejected. Over the entire 33-year period, the FISA court granted 33,942 warrants, with only 12 denials – a rejection rate of 0.03 percent of the total requests.[5] This does not include the number of warrants that were modified by the FISA court."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court

which makes me wonder, considering the likelihood of getting an approval, how bad must that .03% be...

No electron left behind.

5 hours ago, Jud said:

They should, for the sake of their own success.  I watched the OJ trial.  The first four prosecution witnesses were police, who all testified they didn't wait for a warrant to scale a 10-foot wall and search his property and home because they didn't want OJ to find out about the death of his ex-wife through the media or a phone call, they wanted to tell him in person.

Of course any juror hearing that would (as they did) understand these cops were liars and completely dismiss the credibility of anything else that came out of their mouths.  Then when it turned out these same officers had "borrowed" OJ's blood samples against procedure, there went the blood/DNA evidence, and it was over.  Because these guys couldn't wait (not long) to get the warrant that would easily have issued.

I agree with you that this is the intent, but it is my belief that this only happened because OJ had money. Most defendants can't hire fancy attorneys and plead whether they should or not, and the police know this. I could flood this page with examples, but considering this is an audio site and this is already far enough off-topic I won't, but you can google for examples.

No electron left behind.