IGNORED

The Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC

8 minutes ago, PYP said:

Both with and without a preamp

At the moment I`m using the Hollo Audio Biss as preamp. My Susvara is connected to the power Amp. Another disadvantage of using HQ-Player in that scenario is that you lose power. 6db for DSD and around 3db to prevent distortion. Now I have another mix and eventually the Bliss is strong enough to power my Susvara well. That would be another reason to stay with the Bliss as preamp. But I will try this two options when the DAC arrived.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

All Switches and JCAT USB XE (Card and OCXO) powered by LPS (Plixir)

..I have now the Tubulus Concentus I2S Cable  and use the Holo Audio Red as DDC  - the cable does magic....
To use the Holo Audio Red as DDC took (I think) the last vail from the USB-Data. I had a wireword I2S (arround 250 Euro) before...

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

which power cord is suggested for the MMT?

..so the first 3 days are over with the Tambaqui.
I ask myself three questions:
1 - HQ-Player yes/no
2 - Bliss as preamp
3 - Network (Roon Bridge) / or my setup.

..the first day the Tambaqui sound like shit ;-)
..on the second day it gets better..
..I think it is not full broken in, but much better as day 1.
But I feel already confidence to answer my questions:
1- I will not use HQ-Player anymore, it sounds a bit washed out and voices are more in the background. The sound without HQ-Player is much more engaging...

2- the Bliss will stay - the sound is much more dynamic, more soundstage and much more engaging..

3- the network bridge is fine (made a 14 days trial with roon), but my setup is noticeable better. (JCat USB XE and JCAT OCXO in diy server)   Holo Audio Red as DDC with the fantastic Tubulus Concentus I2S  to the DAC

..that is my opinion so far ;-)

But a WOW moment is it not - compared to the Holo Audio Spring (so far)
I had in the past only one WOW moment with Stereo – that was as a changed from SOTM 200 Ultra to the Holo Audio Red. This thing makes me smile from the first tone and the SOTM with power supply was double the price.