IGNORED

Is It Time For Moderators?

Is it time for moderators in the forum?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for moderators in the forum?

This poll is closed to new votes

16 hours ago, Blake said:

I believe in the current status quo that allows each thread starter to impose rules and moderate their own thread.

If no such rules are imposed by the thread starter, then I prefer an organic approach and just let the thread evolve or devolve without moderation (except by Chris when things get too out of hand). 

I would also like to see Chris putting members on "time out" for a week as an intermediate step to banning if they continually exhibit exceptionally obnoxious or spastic behavior (i.e. opening multiple new threads in a day and responding to their own posts ad nauseam).  

But as far as I can tell, the OP can't really moderate. Can an OP independently remove any posts he feels are off topic or nasty? Seems like "rules" set by OP's are often ignored, whether the OP likes it or not.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)