IGNORED

Is It Time For Moderators?

Is it time for moderators in the forum?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for moderators in the forum?

This poll is closed to new votes

When this subject came up previously it was my pleasure to offer some novel ideas. 

I'll start afresh with the novel idea that Chris was perhaps reminded how much more he would like to partake in the lives of his family over the holidays.  This is so much nonsense it took restraint to resist marking his first post as off topic. x-D

1. Monetize high levels of input and behavior becoming of adult professionals. Paid up members gain a clear notch upwards in this community. Refunds and prompt dismissal back to the open forum await all who partake in disruptive behaviors which unsettle either side of the divide. That means less resources on SEO/internal search optimization for less desirable input and a clear cut line where moderation takes it's sweet time addressing poor behavior. It also continues on from the last post purge where notification of post erasure wasn't issued. Only those being offered reason to brighten their outlook would draw on administrative resources. 

2. Anonymous roving personnel with low level permissions allowing them to pause and hide sections of threads containing attacks before they fully develop into site disruptions.  Ideally allowing established threads to embark from their last known point of constructive input and failing to allow unworthy newfound efforts to gain traction or widespread awareness.  I'm confident a discrete automated message could be crafted to alert those most likely to redouble their efforts. 

3. Enforcement with teeth, balls, steely resolve, unflappable constitution, decisive action, backbone, etc. and so forth. Until everyone catches on and the steel glove isn't required to rest close at hand.

@pkane2001 I was being utterly facetious. Previous suggestions have included word filters (For example MQA in any spacing or attempt at phonetic spelling automatically changes to :nomqa:) and a passworded romper room for the overexuberant to battle test their commanding grasp on the vile lower rung of personal expression with gentlemen of like mind. 

Carry on with the group therapy session and pay me no mind. 

Ok, I do have one almost on topic idea. Volunteers to retrieve the detritus of numerous software updates from their unusable state. At one point these articles and assorted other resources were referenced broadly by unaccounted for audiences.  Everyone who has mentioned @austinpopshould be imitating his community spirit instead of post-dating complaints. ;)

I've seen very similar problems on other forums. At some point every technical and enjoyable topical subject has been examined to the point of becoming threadbare. Nearly everyone knows nearly everyone else which results in deeper and more personal awareness for better or worse. The only major component in this I see missing is a comprehensive easily searchable local database to direct less proficient users towards. 

The band of regulars mentioned above creates enough problems for moderation. However, what really seems to be the driving force here is a division between those looking for a healthy open forum that shakes off familial scuffles and the survivors of early message boards who's ideals are at direct variance with the above.

Thanks for the Christmas card v. GFYM you #!*&%'ing tin eared moron. 

3 hours ago, PeterSt said:

But maybe we must consider that this forum is not for Americans per se any more. From this might follow that central moderation could be helpful for all of us.

Unfortunately the only real power some Americans respect is a razor sharp beak directly between the left and right wings. Those for whom the only way forwards is with a steady dose of acidity.  Diplomacy and at least a few other worthwhile key human elements in a healthy international grouping don't factor in. 

The ranks of intelligent users disposed towards casually and infrequently delving into subjects of interest continue to dwindle.  Chris has personally taken this up as a cause for concern.  It was promptly devalued, argued down, and declared of limited importance. Though it was nice of him to remember the weak and traitorous who had failed to stick by him/CA. O.o

Hopefully you can understand this Peter. 

Hold a lottery. 

Put it another paycheck or two out so everyone recovers from the damage Christmas did. Spin it for all you're worth so people start wanting it badly enough to make it a hard battle to the winner's circle. 

Crown that lucky sod like a son who arrived after a half dozen daughters. I mean really lay on a good table to celebrate them over for at least a few weeks. 

Sleep in

Drink late into the night

Prosper

x-D