IGNORED

Band on the Run Download - Troubles with ZIP archive

The links were time constrained and by the time I got to the last one I'd run out of time. Now my messages are just ignored.

Djeezz, what a total-sad thing this is.

Sorry about a totally useless post, but I couldn't stop myself expressing this.

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

@PeterSt

I also feel silly posting about Topspin Media Inc but hopefully when someone googles them these posts will come up and they will see how useless this company is and desist from using them....

We can hope!

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

The McCartney web site doesn't have a contact, but I suggest writing his corporation, MPL Communications, to express displeasure.

Ask that they forward your concerns to the person in charge of the remaster marketing. Mention Topspin, and at least then maybe the negative feedback will have some effect. (If nothing else, maybe they won't use Topspin again).

write: [email protected]

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

tkirmuc - easy to get your money back. When you get your credit card statement, register the charge as unauthorised. They will credit your account or will freeze the charge (either way no interest accrues). The cc company will pretend take up the dispute with Topsin and will send you a bullsh**t standard letter saying the charge is valid. You should reject the standard letter and threaten legal action against the credit card company. Then they will really dispute the charge with topspin and, if you really did not get what you paid for, they will make your credit permanent. I have had to do this three times myself and even with the most awkward credit card company I was not charged.

I have finally managed to get my money back from this failed transaction with Topspin Media Inc.

Needless to say this had nothing to do with Topspin, but PayPal who reversed my payment to Topspin after I turned the transaction into a dispute.

Thankfully and randomly I used Paypal in this event, rather than a Credit Card!

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers

• 1 month later...

I purchased the deluxe edition of Band On The Run and had the same problems as everyone else in trying to extract it. Top Spin sent me a link to the Limited and Unlimited files as separate archives and I was finally able to unzip them, but only on a Mac. I had to use the Archive utility to do it. This is what the situation seems to be:

1) Some versions of Windows may have problems with the big 5+ GB archive of everything, but the large file size is not the main problem here.

2) I do not have a free version of Zip made by the Info Zip people that understands how to extract these Zip archives. I tried on Windows and Mac and every free version of Zip I used did not have a clue about how to handle the archive.

3) It would appear that Top Spin is using some kind of option in making the Zip archives that is completely incompatible with older versions of Zip and may in fact only work on commercial versions of Zip.

4) I found a link on Top Spin's website that suggested using Archive on Mac to extract the files that worked. Their suggestion for Windows is to use WinZip. I can assure you that older versions of WinZip, which are all I have, absolutely do not work on these archives. The Top Spin website contains no helpful information as to what version does actually work under Windows. I cannot guarantee you that if you pay to upgrade WinZip that it will work, but it might.

5) The 2 separate archives they gave me of the Limited and Unlimited files extract to the exact same directory name. Since the files are named the same within the archives, they will overwrite unless you extract one and rename its directory. I did not try to extract the original 5+ GB archive but I'm seeing some evidence in it that it was not made correctly and the Limited and Unlimited files may also overwrite each other if you try to extract it. Not sure, but it seems that may be the case.

I joined this website simply to pass on this information in the hopes that if nothing else it might at least give some hope to people who have Macs that they can indeed extract the files.