IGNORED

PS Audio direct stream new OS..

@tapatrick

Thank you for the heads up. I just upgraded to Snowmass. This is my first update since I purchased my DS Dac last December - delivered with Redcloud. I haven't had time for a critical evaluation, but the install went without a hitch.

From all the comments over at PS Audio, it should be quite an improvement.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

I listened tonight to two favorite albums:

913798023_ScreenShot2018-11-12at11_00_10PM.thumb.jpg.6660230144438d4135444562446ff565.jpgand1317860609_ScreenShot2018-11-12at11_01_41PM.thumb.jpg.d8f16c1559436402779725d8182af388.jpg

I think that classical music listeners, like myself, will benefit the most because there is an improved clarity that allows the artist interpretations to reveal themselves fully. Harmonic nuances along with timbre stand out whether one is listening to a ff or pp passage. I'm very glad I went with PS Audio last year for my new DAC. I can't say the same about the Bridge II, but that is a whole other discussion.

Snowmass is an achievement about which PS Audio, Ted and Paul, can be very proud.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

9 hours ago, diecaster said:

Yeah, I am in the same boat. I love the DAC but stopped using the Bridge II in favor on the USB port via an ultraRendu.

I’ve been looking for a non-Rpi based I2S NAA so I can bypass USB altogether but no luck so far. 

I still use the Bridge II for Spotify Premium streaming only and casual listening. I then don't have to be going to the SonicOrbiter OS Switching app. It's mostly used for casual listening and for convenience only - the large input button on the remote. My wife prefers that.

I'm don't know what non-rpi means, but have you looked at the uRendu / uDigital combination? That would get you off of USB. I've seriously considered that but the thought of 2 more little boxes discouraged me.

4 months waiting for the Bridge II update and today I see this:

Paul on the Bridge II update (dated today, 11/13/18):

"Further to this note it will actually be another couple of weeks for the Bridge update. Sorry."