IGNORED

Qobuz in US: When?

11 hours ago, Ran said:

How many people use Roon that is it that "important"? The UPnP implementation within the Qobuz app is much more interesting as it opens up the possibilities of streamers that can be used. I like to think there are more UPnP users out there than Roon users. 

Roon is also very important because it allows the many people who own network players, and streaming devices (Aurender, Lumin, Auralic, etc. etc. etc.) to upscale PCM to various levels of DSD, and change many other setting to tweak sounds. Without using an actual pc, and associated software such as JRiver, Audirvana, Amarra, I know of no other way to do this. 

JC

11 hours ago, Jud said:

A very interesting take.  What would be the reason not to use a computer you have at home to send music from Qobuz with, e.g., Audirvana Plus, to a streamer?

Jud,

As far as network players or streaming devices, my Aurender N100, for example is designed to pull the FLAC files off my NAS, and uses it's built in Tidal interface for streaming to my DAC, and then to my preamp. It don't see a way for it to accept that signal from a computer. 

I am now moving to a MicroRendu Ultra and SonicTransporter solution, which, using Roon, would stream Tidal to my DAC, but again, I don't see how it would work with a computer in the chain sending Qobuz. I may be missing something, as this is an all new implementation that I am waiting for the SonicTransporter to execute. 

JC

45 minutes ago, Jud said:

The UltraRendu itself will accept Qobuz sent by Wi-Fi/Ethernet from a Mac or PC running Audirvana+. Nothing else needed.

Now for whatever reason this may not be what you want to do, but it is possible.

Thanks for the explanation Jud. With the UltraRendu and the SonicTransporter already in the new system chain, though, also introducing a PC isn't something I truly wanted to do. And, in addition, my desktop pc is all the way across the house and on another floor, so the aforementioned scenario isn't really viable, since I can't physically access it while in my listening room.

JC

6 hours ago, Jud said:

Well, that's the setup I happen to have, and I control both local and Qobuz music through A+ by means of its iPhone/iPad remote.

Not arguing you should do this, just wanted to mention it if anyone reading was considering something similar.

Thanks Jud, you've again provided me with information I didn't have on how this can be accomplished.

JC