IGNORED

Micro USB power input broken

tapatrick

@ALLOsupport @Allo

The micro usb input has broken off my Sparky SBC (it is not very strong and a slight twist has dislodged it). How can I now power my sparky from an alternative input.

Also what are the 2 pins that say BATT on the corner of the board. Is this for battery input? I can't find any documentation for this.

Thanks for any help.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

44 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

@ALLOsupport @Allo

The micro usb input has broken off my Sparky SBC (it is not very strong and a slight twist has dislodged it). How can I now power my sparky from an alternative input.

Also what are the 2 pins that say BATT on the corner of the board. Is this for battery input? I can't find any documentation for this.

Thanks for any help.

solved it

Soldered new wires straight to the pins 1 and 5 on the board under the removed micro usb input.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

3 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

solved it

Soldered new wires straight to the pins 1 and 5 on the board under the removed micro usb input.

would still like to know what are the 2 pins at the top corner that say BATT. Is this for battery input? I can't find any documentation for this.

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 12.57.21.png

18 hours ago, tapatrick said:

would still like to know what are the 2 pins at the top corner that say BATT. Is this for battery input? I can't find any documentation for this.

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 12.57.21.png

These pins for connecting 3.7VLi batterry . Pin-1 is +ve , Pin-2 -s -ve. 

Can be powered by Lithium battery or DC Adaptor,  on-chip battery Charger supports charging.

Allo.com Tech. Support

2 hours ago, ALLOsupport said:

These pins for connecting 3.7VLi batterry . Pin-1 is +ve , Pin-2 -s -ve. 

Can be powered by Lithium battery or DC Adaptor,  on-chip battery Charger supports charging.

Thank you for your swift reply. Is this battery input enough to power the whole board or one part of it? I thought it needed 5v2A or is this stepped down to 3.3v?

On 10/1/2018 at 11:00 AM, tapatrick said:

Thank you for your swift reply. Is this battery input enough to power the whole board or one part of it? I thought it needed 5v2A or is this stepped down to 3.3v?

@ALLOsupport @ALLOaudio

Hello? Can you answer my question please

thanks. 

On 10/1/2018 at 2:30 PM, tapatrick said:

yes , 3.7v-3500mAh battery connecting to PMU, it will distributes power to all interfaces like HDMI , USB 3.0 , USB 2.0. Not to the add-on boards. backup depends  upon the Interfaces load connected on SBC.

Powering ON with Main DC in and Batt power act as power backup. 

power Adaptor  5v/2A is considering all the interfaces with full load ,  Start-up current required nearly 1.3 to 1.5A.

Allo.com Tech. Support

4 minutes ago, ALLOsupport said:

yes , 3.7v-3500mAh battery connecting to PMU, it will distributes power to all interfaces like HDMI , USB 3.0 , USB 2.0. Not to the add-on boards. backup depends  upon the Interfaces load connected on SBC.

power Adaptor  5v/2A is considering all the interfaces with full load ,  Start-up current required nearly 1.3 to 1.5A.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

@ALLOsupport when these batteries are fully charged they are 4.2v. I presume this still okay to use them at this voltage?

26 minutes ago, ALLOsupport said:

yes, fully charge up to 4.2v. 

Thanks!

On 10/3/2018 at 11:11 AM, ALLOsupport said:

@ALLOsupport So the main DC power source needs to be plugged in at the same time as the battery for startup? pardon my ignorance but what is the point of the battery in this case. I thought it could be used as an alternative to the DC 5v power, instead of the 5v input.

What benefits are there in running the battery?

Also "Pin-1 is +ve , Pin-2 -s -ve. "

Which is pin 1 and which is 2 as they are not indicated? Is the pin on the right with the triangle/arrow below it the +/positive/hot? (reading this with the battery pins on the top left of the board and BATT to left of pins)

On 10/14/2018 at 5:58 PM, tapatrick said:

@ALLOsupport So the main DC power source needs to be plugged in at the same time as the battery for startup? pardon my ignorance but what is the point of the battery in this case. I thought it could be used as an alternative to the DC 5v power, instead of the 5v input.

What benefits are there in running the battery?

Also "Pin-1 is +ve , Pin-2 -s -ve. "

Which is pin 1 and which is 2 as they are not indicated? Is the pin on the right with the triangle/arrow below it the +/positive/hot? (reading this with the battery pins on the top left of the board and BATT to left of pins)

Pin 1 is the arrow/triangle marked one is +ve.

Allo.com Tech. Support

On 10/14/2018 at 1:28 PM, tapatrick said:

@ALLOsupport

thanks!

So the main DC power source needs to be plugged in at the same time as the battery for startup? pardon my ignorance but what is the point of the battery in this case. I thought it could be used as an alternative to the DC 5v power, instead of the 5v input.

What benefits are there in running the battery in this case?

4 hours ago, tapatrick said:

@ALLOsupport

thanks!

So the main DC power source needs to be plugged in at the same time as the battery for startup? pardon my ignorance but what is the point of the battery in this case. I thought it could be used as an alternative to the DC 5v power, instead of the 5v input.

What benefits are there in running the battery in this case?

correction : Yes it will boot from the battery, booting time required more current to boot-up, 1..3 to 1.6A (depends upon the interfaces connected). battery pack should be able to feed this startup current without dropping the voltage.  

Allo.com Tech. Support