IGNORED

A Closer Look At Fremer's SHAMEFUL Brinkmann Nyquist DAC "Review"

2 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Richard have you met Stereophile writers and John Atkinson face to face I have?  And the burden of proof is on you to show these are honest opinions about MQA. Everything they write resembles product placement which is generally compensated some way.

I've never met John Atkinson face to face, but I was reading what he wrote in HiFi News a long time ago even before he joined Stereophile.  As far as I'm concerned John Atkinson and Michael Fremer will write about what they hear, without any influence from 'product placement' because they don't know any other way, and they both have no need for any sort of financial kick-back from the MQA backers either.

I don't personally care about DSC, SACD or MQA and all the other failed audiophile formats. MQA in particular seems to be an answer to a problem I don't have.

I posted a reply to a post on this thread because it described readers of Stereophile reviews as 'morons'. Funnily enough I took exception to that.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

3 minutes ago, KingRex said:

A bit of tooing and froing on an audio forum - so what?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

Just now, Rt66indierock said:

I consider audiophiles normally distributed so half are on the wrong side of the bell curve, another third are on the upper half of mediocre leaving one in six worth listening to. The Stereophile readers I meet at shows are not an impressive group. And it would be unfair to expect the knowledge and experience of "The Fraternity" in the vast majority of Stereophile or The Absolute Sound readers but if you stopped fawning over the writers you might learn more. 

Audio journalists

Sheep.jpg

An insult with pictures - thank you!