IGNORED

TuneBrowser

BOBO

I stumbled across this some time ago and its a really good sounding player.

Features

• Supporting file types are: DSD, FLAC, TTA, MP3, AAC, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, WavPack, Wave, AIFF, APE and WMA.
  • Using own playback engine.
  • Supporting gapless playback in all formats including DSD.
  • Dynamic and smooth graphic rendering by DirectX (Direct2D).
  • Supporting OpenHome. You can control the TuneBrowser with tablets or smartphones.
  • C ++ template and internal structure utilizing CRTP, low CPU load.
  • Associative search is easily possible under various conditions such as artist, composer, performer, content name and so on.
  • Considering not only rock and jazz but also classical music to be able to adequately manage.
  • Full Unicode support.
  • Supporting Last.fm Scrobble.
  •  

https://tunebrowser.tikisoft.net/summary/

I think the upsampling sounds a little cleaner than Jriver without and resampling. I use Pro iDSD's DSD512 remaster's so I think that dictates the audio. But man the interface is so slick. It's a really good deal for $16. It doesn't support SACD iso so I have to convert to DSF. I guess it's not the end of the world. 

Alienware R7 with Paul Pang V2 USB PCIE -> iFi Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Hifiman Susvara. Keeping it simple!

Really nice.  Folks who want a folder structure browser along with a library view will love this.  Very cleverly designed GUI.

@BOBO how did you even find out about this?  The hover help is in English, but the help files are Japanese only.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I think I'm going to make the switch for good from Jriver. I just love the interface particularly the folder browsing option. It also runs way faster than Jriver. I do think the upsampling give you slightly cleaner sound than without any software upsampling. 

Alienware R7 with Paul Pang V2 USB PCIE -> iFi Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Hifiman Susvara. Keeping it simple!

• 3 months later...

Really more people need to give TuneBrowser a try and compare it to their favorite Windows player for sound quality.  I think it's excellent.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 2 years later...

For heaven's sake it was the very first option in preferences... thank you so very much.

I am auditioning software because I may have to move away from Audirvana due to their wickedly unpopular new subscription model. I am hoping that this software, as long as I find an Android player (remote) to go with it, will sound just as good as playing my music files through Audirvana. So far and after only a couple of hours playing with it I find it incredible compared to its competition and so quick as well... and the plus side is this developer is on the ball as far as updating his software.

Looks incredibly promising!

• 4 months later...

Looks as though this plays only into a cabled connection to a DAC.  Does it have any server capabilities so that it can stream content over a network to a renderer?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s