IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

7 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

I have no clue why you're saying this.

Besides that (or not), do you really think I was asking for your help ?

Oh, no, no one would EVER think you would be asking for advice on design. After all, you have made it clear you are the only one that can design a proper DAC, a proper USB isolation circuit, a proper audio PC, proper audio software, etc. 

24 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Correct. But driving through the area and interviewing some Amish which is in about the same area as I recall, unveiled that it is more complicated. I recall a story about ships which left from the Netherlands because we have the harbors to the North Sea (and from there go to America (I avoid the "States" for now)) but the ships were loaded with German and not with Dutch. Don't ask me whether the ships would be Dutch and carry Dutch flags, but I suppose the latter and now the most nice confusing thing is :

Drive through that Dutch area and see that the flags which are everywhere to expres the forthcoming are ... Dutch flags. Allow me :

120px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands_svg.png.c682fb33351ac212872374ce96de4be6.png

The German flag is slightly different :

134px-Flag_of_Germany_svg.png.80fa966e2d043ba10082634b2dd90bca.png

Add to that indeed the similarity between the words Dutch and Deutch which an American would both express quite similar, and there you go. All history down the drain.

Maybe now I start investigate where ever the word "Dutch" comes from because at this moment I have no clue. We should be Hollandaise or something, but I suppose that was already occupied by a French sauce. Of course this is not to be confused with German Sausage where no ketchup is put to but mustard. This latter again seems French to me. And although for the whole of my life I thought that Heinz was Dutch, I saw so much Heinz in the US that I started a deep investigation and learned that I was wrong and that we had to go to Pennsylvania for that indeed. With a bit of a detour through Louisiana you may end up in Avery Island and find yourself in the Tabasco pepper fields and adjacent factory. Never go to Mexico for that because there they have quite different matter.

"Pennsylvania Dutch"  very much means "Pennsylvania German" and not "Dutch" at all. Any reference to "Dutch" in that region most certainly means "Deutsch", or in English, "German".

Here is the description of the "Pennsylvania Dutch" flag:

http://visitpadutchcountry.com/die-pennsylfaanisch-deitsch-faahne/

Who knows why you saw some real Dutch flags.

The first ship to bring German immigrants to Pennsylvania was an English ship named "Concord". It sailed from Rotterdam with the German immigrants to England. Then sailed on to Philadelphia.

No Dutch were involved.....

9 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Side note in advance (with apologies to @diecaster:eek:) there is no single way there is any "real" bakery where we buy bread of any sort because our own is so infinitely better by now.

Why am I not surprised? Of course your bread is better than anyone else's bread. How could it not be. And I am sure your ?doesn't stink either....