IGNORED

Everything sounds the same

mansr

24 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

What,  no one replied to my query? This website is shit. I'm going over to Super Best Audio Jerks. Those guys know everything.

I didn't respond until now because I have a natural bias. I went to a high school with Hawaiian traditions other things Hawaiian in college and later and have used the Hawaiian Alaea Red Sea Salt regularly.

As for Fleur de Sel de Guérande I prefer the stuff from Vancouver Island sorry.

5 hours ago, marce said:

Being an Audiophile is no laughing matter, one cannot joke, the road to audio nirvana is a hard and unforgiving road, not only do you have to fret at the horrendous sound your system produces, but constantly be upgrading to get the next day and night improvement, you have to turn your back on conventional physics and be solid in your beliefs, especially in cables, whilst those clever sods use their measurements, knowledge and physics to pull you down...

Oh how hard is the path I have chosen.

I've always had a hard time with this. I consider myself into high performance audio not an audiophile. When I was shown how to convert  a Dynaco St-70 to triode mode in the early seventies and William Z Johnson modified a Dynaco preamp for me in 1974  I knew how to find happiness and have been happy ever since. 

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Well it meant quite a bit to the speaker manufacturers who participated since we moved forward with production of the variant that they all ranked as the best.

No. I am saying that none of the traditional parameters which could be readily measured would correlate or indicate the significant (to speaker designers who knew their crossovers well and to whom subltle differences matter) sonic variation between the variously built capacitors.  And I am saying that it was more efficient and effective for aural observations to be used to make final manufacturing process determination. (And you will hear this from the majority of successful high-end audio manufacturers.)

I still have some of the coded variant samples used in the test.  Would you like me to send you the best ranked and the worst ranked for you to see what differences you can measure?  See if you can tell by measurement which variant will perform best.

No, I just happen to hang about here so you like using me as a straw man for you snark. :P

Since I’ve been focused on unsuccessful high-end manufactures lately is their behavior different?

2 hours ago, davide256 said:

And so it goes on ... electronics degrees trying to make what goes on inside the human head for hearing conform to what they know how to measure outside the head. Not impressed, wrong area of competency to govern decision. This should be governed by audiologists and educated music professionals using empirical testing methods. The simplistic measurements available to audio engineers don't match the sensitivities of the human ear and brain.

You probably ought to remember the most talented audio engineers (electrical) aren’t in high-end audio. The money is better other places.

The golf company Taylormade for example.

2 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

"You probably ought to remember" 

Now that's not an arrogant statement in any way. Care to elaborate or cite evidence or name some of these audio engineers not in audio?

Also, - just because some of these engineers main income source is outside HEA development, - they may in fact still be "in" audio development outside their main gig. Of course, - you are correct that there is no money being made by luxury goods manufacturers, - the 1% are only leeches.

The best audio engineers I ever met were in the United States Navy in my youth. Currently the best audio engineers work in the medical field, the movie industry and technology companies like AMD. And of course the obvious endeavor gaming is far more lucrative than high-end audio. 

That 1% is not particularly interested in high-end audio or the market wouldn't be declining.  

29 minutes ago, Blake said:

I am more curious about the underlying motivations.

Is the end game here to make Computer Audiophile more like Audio Science Review or Hydrogen Audio? 

Should we remove or significantly reduce all the subjective impressions and instead focus solely on objective technical aspects and measurements, and require proof for all qualitative assertions?

In a perfect world, in your view should CA sit somewhere in between Objectivist and Subjectivist camps, or does it need to be moved in one direction and plant the flag firmly in one of those camps so that the focus of the site is clear and unambiguous?

Maybe this is just a break in the action before RMAF?  Maybe some are having a little fun? I've been watching the Golf Channel and watching the outrageous claims similar to high-end audio and maybe I'm tired of the snake oil. Maybe the pressure we have been applying to the industry and audio press is creating cracks, fissures and fear.

Personally I like where I planted the flag and will resist efforts to move it.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe if we were sitting across from each other at RMAF next week at the after hours CA get together, we'd probably have this resolved in about 3 minutes. It's just hard to communicate online sometimes. 

How well do you think face to face is communication is going to work in seminars, hallways and rooms at RMAF?