IGNORED

Cow Music

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Confused said:

I enjoyed the cow movie.  I am telling you, the recording and my system are so amazing it was like the cow was right there in the room with me.

EDIT:  I notice that the cow movie (12 hours long) has nearly 18,000 views on YouTube.  So an open question, for what percent of a clip do you have to watch on YouTube for it to count as a view?

Well, Confused, great question! For me the more significant phenomenon is subjective: the viewer tends to become so completely absorbed in the ambience that time is not experienced in a typically human way. One becomes lost in the immediacy of each moment. So a blink of an eye can seem like 12 hours. The reverse is also true. Each moment is forgotten as it passes through it's temporal ecstasy.

Not only is it as if the cow were right in the room WITH you, YOU YOURSELF, in a very real sense, BECOME the cow. And the COW becomes YOU. It's a lot like the "creation" and "completion" stages of yogic tantra, only it's bovine, so its as if nothing whatsoever happened. A lot like this thread.

Postcognitive Topics: "Consider the Cattle"

17 hours ago, bobbmd said:

ALERT: don't let your cows/beef cattle eat clover they will become bloated and die with their feet up in the air and you will have to burn them--one of the important things I learned on "YELLOWSTONE" plus don't ever accept a ride to "the train station" not only will cow music be gone so will you

"just keep 'em rollin'  keep them doggies rollin' head 'em up and move 'em out"

WHOA!!! Cue the flying time toasters! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

R-9824643-1486910298-3735.jpeg.jpg

Presenting the very special yodeling style of Goebel Reeves, "The Texas Drifter" (aka The Yodelling Wrangler; George Riley; Bert Knowles; The Broadway Wrangler; The Yodelling Rustler; Johnny Fay; The Broadway Rustler and Louie Acker), singing "Reckless Tex From Texas, 1934

And now here's Goebel Reeves in "The Silver Trail" (1937)

undefined

...and a very special appearance by Goebel Reeves as "Hank"

Giddy up HD Stock Images | Shutterstock

3 hours ago, Iving said:

image.jpeg.16396f97d61b8456de2f090c88c773a7.jpeg

Brilliant! Inspired by this: "Put your sweet lips a little closer to the phone..."

Billy Brown - "He'll Have To Go" (original recording, 1959)

Brown's recording flopped, but a few months later Jim Reeves released "He'll Have To Go" as a B-side with no expectations. The song was a hit on both country and pop charts and has since been covered hundreds of times.

Solomon Burke-"He'll Have To Go", 1964 (also a hit)

THE LAST SONG EVER RECORDED BY ELVIS PRESLEY! (1976)

Finally, Ry Cooder recorded a version with a brilliant Mexican Norteño-style arrangement for his 1976 album Chicken Skin Music. His ensemble included master accordionist "Flaco" Jimenez, "El Rey De Texas"!

udderly masterful! high art! here's the studio version for purists:

Excerpt from Flaco interview on working with Ry Cooder:

Shortly afterwards, he met Ry Cooder, a musician who has spent his career uncovering and reinterpreting "lost" musical cultures. For Cooder, finding Flaco Jimenez was like finding Ali Farka Toure or Ibrahim Ferrer: it was the discovery of an artist with a completely mature vocabulary, grammar and syntax, a great artist unknown outside a small, local audience.

Cooder changed Jimenez's understanding of the world.

"I think Ry Cooder is a universal music genius," says Jimenez. "How can I explain the guy? He creates so many things. He modifies. He feels and plays any kind of music. He checked out conjunto and found out my history. He tracked me down. I never heard of him but then he opened my eyes. You must remember that when my papa played, there weren't record companies out there willing to expose conjunto music. They considered it low class, cantina music, Mexican hillbilly music."

http://frontera.library.ucla.edu/sites/default/files/3 - Ry Cooder presents Flaco Jimenez with an award at the Americana Music Festival ion Nashville%2C 2014.jpeg

COWS LOVE RY! COWS LOVE FLACO! COWS LOVE ACCORDION MUSIC... as well as yodel and other musics...like Western Swing!

Accordion Playing Cow Art Print by MollyK | Society6

Many, many accordionists KNOW this about cows!

Album Borderline par Ry Cooder | QUB musique

Greetings from America - Texas | Stamp, Postage stamps, Commemorative stamps