IGNORED

Help CA Find New Speakers

Chris, you should try a Rel Subwoofer with your current set up and your future speakers.  With their unique connection method directly from your amplifier, their there to extend those few low end Hz your speakers can't do.   Essential just pressurizing your room.  Whatever you choose for speakers will be great, this is just an add on feature to any speaker system.  Plus, you know where to get them locally.  If you want to borrow my subwoofer to try it out, your welcome to it.  Good luck

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

3 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

"Baby, Mama, and Papa bear all use the same single 12" woofer for the bottom end, only the size of the amp changes?" Hummmmmmmmm. 

The original IRS V used 6 12" woofers per channel.

IRS killers, I don't think so.

You can't change the laws of physics.

It's not based on the 4 piece IRS V, It's based the prototype that eventually became the V, that's shown in the video.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

• 2 months later...

@The Computer Audiophile, If you are considering some wood type of amp stand, I may be able to help you.  On the side I work for a friend's wood shop when needed.  It's essentially a glueing shop, creating panels for kitchens and flooring for staircases.  Just a one man operation with occasional help from yours truly.  He has done several butcher top tables for home use, restaurants and bars.  So creating or imitating something from some of the sites that have been mentioned is no problem.  If interested PM me.  As you know I'm local and his shop is in Little Canada by Dock 86.  BTW the prices on the Butcher Block Acoustics website are well priced.  

Oh yeah, if your looking for cable risers we have those too, we call it firewood and burn barrels of it every week.

• 5 months later...

Hey Chris, at Axpona PS Audio will be demoing their first speaker prototype, the AN3.  You may have been or not, following their Youtube videos on this speaker or on their forum, but here's some rough specs. AMT tweeter, AMT midrange, 12" side loaded woofer (Servo Controlled with DSP), 6" or 8" mid bass coupler.  About 200lbs, $12,000.  The AN2 and AN1 will be bigger and more expensive.  Availability maybe this fall.  

Here's a video with the actual speakers they'll be bringing to the show

• 1 month later...

Can you list your top 5?  Or are you going to settle for a pair of Bose 901 😁

• 3 weeks later...