IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just got an update to the Windows 10 app, but when I went to settings-about-version history the popup window didn't start at the latest one and wouldn't scroll so I couldn't read what changes were made.  If I click on see the shortcuts for keyboard shortcuts directly beneath the app version history I can scroll that popup with no problem.  

2 hours ago, left channel said:

I had no problem opening the version history, but it appears this is a minor build update to 5.8.0 and is not described there.

Thanks for the info.  I just checked again on the off chance it was something transient but while I can open version history it still won't scroll.  Not a big deal, I'm more interested in audio quality than reading about what changes have been made to the player.

On 6/22/2021 at 2:54 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is not a big issue, we will fix it asap.

Thanks for your feedback

Thanks, as I said it isn't a big deal to me either but I was hoping you'd notice and maybe get it on the list of things to fix at some point.  Thanks for keeping up with this forum thread and letting us know what's going on too!

10 hours ago, Talisman said:

On the latest build (6.0.0) of the desktop player, Windows 10 notifications work well when a track changes. (I get the slide-out notification of a new track at the bottom-right of the PC.)

However, those notifications no longer disappear from the "Manage Notifications" panel after the track plays. They just pile up, track after track. If I play 20 tracks, Windows shows that I have 20 notifications.

This is on a one-week-old Windows 10 installation. Is this happening with anyone else. Can Qobuz duplicate the issue?

notifications window.png

I just turned notifications on to check and it isn't just your machine.  They aren't disappearing from my notifications list after the song ends either. I've never been a fan of the notifications function so I keep them turned off.  Not the best solution if you like having notifications pop up onscreen but I don't see any setting to dismiss them automatically.

16 minutes ago, Muddy Walter said:

Tried to report online via Qobuz Webplayer to Customer Service but that failed.

Discover and favorites pages are working here, still can't get at the playlists page.  I clicked on the first track in my favorites list and it started playing so I set it to shuffle and it's now shuffling thru my favorites just fine.

10 minutes ago, Muddy Walter said:

Be good if there was a simple way to check the service, a status page.

Qobuz having a status page would be admitting they're down enough to have one so I wouldn't look for them to have a page showing downtime..  There are 3rd party web sites that you can check or add your problems to but they don't do much in offering assistance or explaining why a site is down and not a lot of people use them for a site like Qobuz. Uptime.com and downdetector.com are 2 of them, downdetector says they haven't had any reports in the past 24 hours and uptime has had 3 reports this morning, one of which is mine.

Edit: Just checked again and playlists still aren't available but the Windows 10 app hasn't stopped shuffling my favorites.

On 6/29/2021 at 5:50 AM, Muddy Walter said:

@David Craff I wonder if you can explain something? I raised a ticket with Qobuz Support about some albums which had become suddenly unavailable. At first I was advised to submit a catalogue request but I explained that these albums had been available - I noticed because they were in one of my playlists - but now they were not. The response was just that they have been "withdrawn from the catalogue".

Is this a common occurrence to only have music for a limited time? I subscribed mainly because the catalogue looked good and presumed it would get bigger, not smaller.

The music in question is not from an obscure artist. The albums are by Miles Davis. Four albums completely missing and fourteen tracks from three other albums.

I just wanted to add to David's reply.  Dropping albums from their catalog isn't something unique to Qobuz.  I've been using streaming services for a long time and every one I've ever subscribed to has dropped an album I like at one time or another. So don't hold it against Qobuz.  One alternative is what I do, I subscribe to more than one service. Specifically Tidal (yes I know that's a dirty word on this forum lol), and along with Qobuz I can listen to everything I want-for now anyway. Qobuz does have better sound quality so I mainly use them but sometimes I really want to listen to something Qobuz doesn't have in their catalog.

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2021 at 1:25 AM, 111MilesToGo said:

Guess we all feel that a comment by Qobuz Officials is required. There is a flood of issues and bugs these days, across most (at least Android and iOS) or all (plus Windows) platforms. There were hints across the web that record companies currently are asking for more and improved piracy protection by the streaming sites - ”asking“ to be read as ”forcing“. It would be good to read whether such efforts are indeed going on and are responsible for a sizable portion of the glitches. And of course it would be nice to read that such problems will be resolved in due course.

On the subject of piracy, there are quite a few piracy protection companies-MUSO and Audiolock for example that do a decent job of negating and taking down pirated content (no I don't work for either).  The only thing that worries me is MQA which can be used in a fashion that's like DRM. I prefer my music in bit perfect FLAC, DXD, or DSD, not the MQA "folded" format.  If the audio world gets in a war with the hackers and pirates only the hackers will win and everyone else will suffer. No matter what kind of copy protection that's developed someone will devise a method of bypassing it. That's already been proven over and over for video and gaming.  Even in our world the SACD format which was originally uncopiable can be ripped.