IGNORED

Lies about vinyl vs digital

I am back into vinyl because I missed some records. I stopped with record buying end 80's. My expectation was that in 30 years every recording ever made would be possible to download / stream. The reality is different. Missing a lot albums and some on cd have terrible sound.  

My oldest record is 50 years and it sounds good. You can say that I am a little bit amazed by the fact that some vinyl sounds better than the cd. The cd industry is doing something very wrong. They put very bad sound on the cd. 

An other point to make is that it is way nicer to watch and read an album than a booklet.

There is one big flaw of vinyl, the scratches. I hate them. I record my vinyl in audacity and remove them. 

Now I have the goods from both worlds.

• 4 months later...

The music industry is a very strange industry. They put a lot of effort, time and money to register every frequency that is in the air, but they do not write it back on the compact disc, because they decide that we can not hear that high frequencies.

However that frequencies are present on a record, a  playback system developed in 1888.