IGNORED

Poll on Retail price of Your Speakers

What is the price of your 2 best speakers. If less than 5 years old, use retail price. If over 5 years old, use market price.  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

If you are proud and don't think there is much better in your bracket for the money, feel free to name them if you wish.

Maggie 3.7i   

I like them - they are cheap and fast

BTW, I was going to do this poll after the total system price poll wound up, but you saved me the trouble.

those look well paced to me (except there might be some glare form the back 'wave' hitting the window glass)

they do need to be 3 ft or up to 5 ft from the rear wall - all speakers should be BTW

people spend a lot of time moving them bit by bit to tune the sound but I feel they sound good w/o doing that (not saying they won't sound better if you place them very carefully)

the ribbons on my 1.5 QRs have lasted 22 years - they sound fine and are for sale.

there were some very early models that might have been more sensitive as to ribbon fragility

also, they are easy to drive - good current delivery into 4 ohms and yo are set - no complex impedances for the amp to deal with

probably not the best for headbanger music tho...