IGNORED

Hard time choosing USB interface!

I know about mutine, but 2 times i have been trying to contact them without any answer. The guy doesn't respond his email. So it's kind of frustating, I can't buy it anymore from tweekgeek because of the new canadian suplier and that canadian suplier doesn't have any way of purchasing the thing beside contacting him by email. No online shopping, and not even a physical adress. Talk about a great way to promote a product!

Shunyata Hydra 8 V.II > Shunyata Python > Bolder Cable PSU(Furutech Fuse) > Mac mini(SSD/8Gb/Amarra/Drobo) > Locus Design Nucleus > Wavelength Wavelink > Siltech Golden Ridge BNC > Berkeley Alpha Dac > Shunyata Stratos IC > Audio Research DSI200 > Shunyata Andromeda SC > Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand/Rel Britannia B1.

weird re mutine - was a couple of days before Pascal at Mutine replied to me the first time but after that he was an over-communicator. Excellent confirmations, emailed receipt, and all the mail / tracking information. So far my experience has been first class - Hiface should get here Tuesday or Wednesday.

You can connect the HiFace to the SPDIF in of the DAC directly with a converter plug, using only an USB cable and not using a coax at all. I have few friend preferring to connect the HiFace this way even after they try several expensive coaxes.

Dear Ferenc,

Which brand converter plugs do your friends use, or where did they buy them ?

And is it RCA or BNC ?

linux musicserver, jeff rowland aeris da, jeff rowland coherence series II, pass x250.5, audio physic caldera mkII & acoustat spectra 22 & Genelec 8050

It would be interesting if the HiFace had an option to have male plugs itself, so we could plug it directly into our DACs.

Meanwhile, one can use a cheap USB extension and a BNC male/male adapter such as this one below.

bncmalemaleadapter.jpg

Or even a cross-adapter with BNC male and RCA male.

bncmalercamaleadapter.jpg

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

I am always using BNC for SPDIF coax when I can, and as a broadcast television system designer I always use precision 75 ohm connectors from Telegartner, Amphenol, Trompeter, Canare, Kings, ADC, etc designed to work for HD SDI video. You need to get somebody to properly crimp the connectors on the cable. For BNC-BNC M-M adaptor I have very good experience with a simple and affordable connectors sold by Canford in UK. Anything which is designed for broadcast television will work properly.

Thanks Ferenc and Matias for your quick reply, I will give it a try.

Using a Wireworld digital cable right now, but just wondering what will happen with a "direct connection"

Did anyone compare the HiFace to a RME or Lynx sound card already ?

linux musicserver, jeff rowland aeris da, jeff rowland coherence series II, pass x250.5, audio physic caldera mkII & acoustat spectra 22 & Genelec 8050

• 9 months later...

I think you are all forgetting the new Musical Fidelity V-Link Async USb to spdif convertor was measured in HiFi News (by one of the guys who designed the J/Test) to have effectively zero jitter.

You can't get better than perfect.

So is anyone actually buying that bullshit piece of measurement or not?

17\"MB-Pro-Weiss 202-Muse 200- NS 1000M

I have the dCS Debussy and am using locus' best usb cable right now with good results. I also happen to have an unopened HiFace EVO that I was thinking abotu putting on Audiogon.

Are you actually saying that mac mini to Evo via usb to dac via s/pidf is better than mac mini to dac via usb?

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.